☥Chapter 9☥

Chapter 9 Of American Gangster.

"What?" I huffed into the phone and the man in front of me pulled me closer to him then waited patiently as I put a finger in front of his face to signal him to wait for a moment.

"Where are you?" Rocco snarled angrily. "We have a mission!"

"What? Tonight? I can't do tonight."

"Everything okay?" The man asked, running his fingers through his fluffy and soft hair that was styled to the up and to the side.

"I don't care. You want to be Felix's right or left hand, correct?"

"Yes-"

"Then come here or you won't get a chance." He ended the call.

"I'm so sorry." I slurred, putting all on my clothes.

"It's fine." He huffed and grabbed a piece of paper from his bedside drawer. He wrote his number down and handed it to me. "Come back another time, ring me or something."

"See you around?" I waited for him to give me his name and put the piece of paper in my back pocket.

"Lucas." He smiled.

"Braeden." I waved and ran out of his apartment. I had lust running through my veins from both Lucas and Felix and that did not make my state any better. I drove back to the house and opened the door. I didn't bother to say anything to anyone but just ran upstairs and got changed into my usual night club clothes. I put my knives and guns in hidden areas in my body and slid on my leather jacket and shoes, walking back downstairs once I was finished.

"Why did it take you so long?" Rocco asked.

"Doesn't matter." I exhaled. "Let's just go." I walked out the door and swung my leg around my motorbike. I grabbed my phone from my pocket when it rang and I pressed it to my ear. "God, what?" I growled and put it on speaker so I didn't have to put it right against my ear.

"Is this Braeden Colt?" I recognised the voice but I couldn't put my finger on it. I was confused, this person sounded so familiar. "I'm the private investigator-"

"Oh yes." I turned it off the speaker and put the phone to my ear. Rocco looked at me, clearly annoyed I was on a call. "Can I call you back?"

"I don't think you'd want to.." He coughed. "I'm so sorry to tell you this.."

"Tell me what?"

"The case with your parent's murderer has been closed." I went silent and pursed my lips together.

"What do you mean? They haven't found the-"

"I know. I couldn't do anything about it, I'm so sorry but they won't reopen it again. They say you shouldn't be wasting your life to find your parents killer. They say you need to focus on school." I laughed at his comment.

"Thanks for nothing!" I ended the call.

"You good?" Andrew asked.

"Let's just go." We drove off and made our way to an alleyway outside a club. I looked at it and Rocco handed me an earpiece. I nodded appreciatively and looked at the rest of the guys who looked a little confused on what was going on except Felix.

I wondered inside and walked straight up to the bar, having about half of my drink before Felix started to talk through my earpiece. "Braeden, are you okay? I can see your fists clenched from the security cameras." He said.

"I'm fine."

"Braeden-"

"Let's just get this stupid mission over with already. I just want to go home, I'm sure you can understand that since you know and understand me so well." I threw the earpiece on the floor and broke it with my heel. I looked at the guy who came up behind me and smiled. Bingo.

"Hello." He sat beside me and placed money on the table, looking at the bartender. "2 vodka shots please." The bartender nodded and went off to make them. He turned to me and grinned deviously. "Are you Braeden?"

"Yeah. You're Adam?" I asked and he nodded in confirmation.

~~~~~

He pushed me to the wall hungrily and I kissed the old man back, fighting the urges to almost throw up over him. He gripped my neck and with hesitation, I wrapped my legs around his waist and broke the kiss so I could make a quick suggestion.

"What do you say we take this outside? I'm not much of a public person."

"Sure." He walked outside and pushed me against the wall in the wall. Just as he was about to kiss me again I kicked him where the sun doesn't shine and he fell on the floor. He groaned painfully and eyed me as he did so. "What the hell was that for?"

"You were getting boring and anyway, you think I would hook up with a one-hundred-year-old man?"

"I'm 45-"

"I don't care." I yawned and grabbed the gun from my ankle. I aimed it at him whilst wiping my lips, making a fake vomit sound as I did.

"I'm gonna forget what you did in there until I find out information." Rocco looked at me and looked at the man. "Let's talk. Where are the Shadow Wolves?"

"I don't know." He groaned as I kicked him again.

"Easy there tiger." Andrew chortled from behind me and I sent him an endless death glare.

"Where are they?" Rocco repeated and I aimed the gun at his head again to intimidate him and it did because he scooted back against the wall.

"Your old house." He took a deep breath. "They changed it into a warehouse. They sell guns there and everything." He said nervously.

"What?" I asked. My hands clenched around the gun and I put my finger over the trigger but I didn't press it even though I was so tempted to. It would be so easy. He was right in front of me, I could take control of this whole situation. I pursed my lips together and gazed at him.

"It's a really beautiful place. Shame there's so much blood on the walls-" Gunshots echoed around me and I felt nothing but anger. My body was thriving with it and it felt amazing. I had adrenaline pumping and thrumming through my veins and I couldn't help but smile.

"Soon they'll be even more blood on the walls." I knew what I was going to do next for the first time in my life...First of all, I was going to find my parents killers, I was going to kill them and their whole posse. I was then going to have a go at police officers for closing the case, it wasn't my fault they were stupid and couldn't find the killers themselves when they've had since I was 3 to find them. After that, I was going to become the most feared woman in all of America. This was going to be good...So good.