2

"... and the home of the brave!" the lights come on as everyone claps, we tap our sticks on the ice. Everyone goes to sit down and we go back to the bench except for the starting lineup.
"Game time Teag. Go play your best for your boy out there" my line mate winks then taps her stick on my leg.
I get down to my starting position. I'm the Assistant captain, a center. I face off against one of their captains and win the face off. What a great start to this game.

15 minutes in and still no score, 0-0.

Before the period ended, Franky was one on one with the goalie, she puts the puck through her leg, goes wide, shoots to the top left, and scores! The whole Yost Ice Arena jumps up yelling and clapping, cheering us on. I meet her down at the end of the ice, coming in for a group hug with our line.
"1 minute remaining in the period. 1 minute remaining." We hear the announcer say over the speaker. Although there is 1 minute left, we don't stop. We keep playing like we should, we go hard.

"We're dragons out there girls. We're breathing fire just how I like it. Have to push it harder, Blakley, Jones, Colbert, you guys had to good set up there but fell apart that's why we didn't get that goal a few minutes into the period. Nice goal Franky. Let's do this again. Get out there and let's put up some more. There is a lot of superstars out there tonight so don't be nervous, thank Teagan for that" he laughs at the end.

Period 2- 2-0 Wolverines. I got the second goal.

Period 3- 2-2. Overtime we go.

Overtime- 12 minutes in, I get the puck. I got two girls on me but I somehow manage to get the puck out of the zone and skate around them. Anna passes the puck to me after I escape. I go behind the goalie with the puck, do a wrap around and the light comes on. I got it. I scored. I won the game for us in overtime. I couldn't believe it.

Final- 3-2 University of Michigan Wolverines.
Final winning goal scored by me. Teagan Lindros.

Its pretty late since it went into overtime and I am very tired but we are going to be driving an hour to Detroit when I go back home to get my stuff and a shower of course.
I come out of the locker room and see everyone standing there. By everyone I mean my dad, my brothers : Tyler and Ryan, Mitch, Auston, and Dylan who he brought a teammate of his named Tyler Bertuzzi.
I ask my dad to take a photo of me and my brothers and then I get one with Mitch and Dylan.

I decided to post it to my Instagram:
@Lind.tea_11- "Thank you to my bestest frands ever for coming out tonight to support me. Thank god we got a win or I wouldn't have heard the end of it. Especially from Dyl. I swear I'm always stuck in the middle ... frenemies tomorrow. Who should I cheer for guys? Like for Detroit, comment for Toronto!!"
@mitchmarner16 "what a game tonight! Game winner goal scored by the one and only Teagan Lindros. Love you! And you don't even have to ask to cheer for.. it's okay you won't hurt Larkin's feelings. Just tell him the truth."
@larkin71. "Great game. Always love coming back to the Arbor. Always loved beating the Sparts myself and also love watching you do it as well. But Marner, I think she can choose herself right T? How about, who wins tomorrow will be the bester friend... deal?"

It was around midnight when arrived in Detroit since I had to take a shower and pack my bags first. We had also went to get something to eat. Dylan invited me to stay at his place, I agreed to it. My dad and brothers were staying at a hotel and the leafs were staying at one down the street from where they'll be playing tomorrow night.
Dylan has a medium size house all to himself. It is beautiful. I basically have my own room since I come every weekend when neither of us has a game. He doesn't even have a teammate living with him.

It's going to be very tough tomorrow because people will be looking at me weird with me cheering for both teams but they just don't understand. Winning team gains the best friend title Dylan told Mitch and I. I guess we'll see. It's almost time for their playoffs to start so this is a game Detroit needs to win to stay alive, Toronto is good and has all their points they need.