13

"Welcome Toronto maple leafs number 16- Mitch Marner, and number 34- Auston Matthews. Please give them a warm welcome jay fans!" The announcer says in-front of thousands of people. I scream so loud I sound obnoxious and I should probably delete this Snapchat video I'm going to be posting.
Mitch and Auston walked out to the Toronto Blue jays mound and threw the ceremonial first first pitch to Marcus Stroman and Matt Shoemaker. The crowd claps in welcoming them even though they did a bad job at throwing one pitch. The week prior, that's all they did was practice so they don't make a fool out of themselves. Mitch shakes Matt's hand and takes a photo holding the ball and Auston does the same with Marcus. I was sitting in the club they gave us tickets to and waited for them to come back up. Which they did about 5 minutes later.

Although my dad was of course, a hockey dad, he still loved baseball and we always enjoyed going together when we were home in the summer. Besides hockey, I probably like baseball second. I haven't been to a blue jays game since I was probably 13 years old so I sent my dad a photo Mitch took of me watching the game in my jersey and with the hat where you could barely see my eyes which is how I had always wore it for some reason, not trying to have it covering my eyes. It just happens.

I get a reply back with a photo from when I was only 3 years old sitting on my dads lap with the same blue hat on and a similar jersey looking how I do today.
"Wish I was there Tea! Looks just like the good old days. Next time we have to go to one! I remember this day just like it was yesterday. "
He texts. I remembered he was on a business trip in Montreal this weekend doing some type of interviews for NBC sports.

Throughout the game, I was eating peanuts, popcorn, hot dogs, cotton candy, and having some alcoholic beverages since everything, ya know, was free. Being at the game with my guys, watching it, just being there was super fun, but the outcome wasn't. 13-7 was the score... I guess better luck and get em' next time is what most parents would say.

"So, what's it like living with me" I ask Auston but Mitch thought I was talking to him.
"Mitchell." I say trying to get him to stop talking and then I look in the back seat at Auston so I can hear what he says.
"Want my honest opinion T? I don't think you want that..."
my face must've looked a certain way because he hurry's up and laughs then says "I'm just kidding! I'm kidding. To be honest, it's been fun. It feels like I'm back living with my sisters. It feels nice. I actually didn't know how it was going to be since I really didn't know you that much but your cool and I love you living with us." I smile knowing how good of a review that was for me.
"Although I knew Mitch my whole life, I really didn't know how it was going to be either and especially coming and being around you too, a person I knew for about 2 months. I really like it and thank you guys so much. It's been good and I hope you really do enjoy living with me and not lying to me"

We had our conversations on the way home from the blue jays night game and when we got home, it was 2am so we were all dead tired. Tomorrow, all 3 of us are going to a designer here in Toronto so he can fit us and pick us outfits for the NHL awards happening in exactly two weeks.

This morning, I woke up feeling kind of rambunctious. I wanted to do something spontaneous. Maybe go on a shopping spree, do something different with my hair, or go get a tattoo. But first, it was time to go to the designers building.

We walk in this brick building but on the inside, it was beautiful. White everything with black accents and marble everywhere. Looked like a million bucks.
"Auston! Ah it's so nice to see you again and Mitchell- I haven't seen you in forever. Where have you been? You haven't been cheating on me have you?" The man says giving them both hugs.
"No, you know how he is. He just always wears his old suits that aren't in style anymore or the ones that don't fit him anymore or even shorts and a shirt sometimes. Me, on the other hand, you see the photos pops take of me. I'm always repping you. I'm the best client ever eh?" Auston starts the conversation with the man but then turns to me. "This is Teagan Smith. T, this is Pierre Gouland-French. The best designer/ stylist in Toronto." He introduces us and we greet each other with a hug.
"So nice to meet you. Please, have a seat and I'll get you a drink-" he stops at the end. "How old are yo-" I interrupt him with a giggle and a "I'm 21" to let him know it's okay.
Even though it's pretty early, the clock hasn't even hit 10:30am yet but here I am having a few glasses of mimosas, champagne, and wine with Pierre has he's trying to get to know me and my style.

"I'm simple. I don't dress up much. Or even at all. I have to be comfy but I also have to look good ya know. I wear a lot of baggy things. I love my sweatshirts so if I had to wear something nice I always put on a romper or T-shirt dress." I let him know how I am and the boys agree with me and even add things in that I didn't ask for.
"... yeah, she doesn't even wear her hair down a lot either. It's always in a ponytail or tied up anyway she can." Mitch adds.
"Don't worry. I'll work my magic on her but first let me get you two in your suits."
First, he pulls Mitch in the back and he comes out moments later doing a cat walk to come show us.
Brown shoes and a light bluish gray plaid suit.
Then, it was Austons turn. He came out in black shoes, and a black suit with black embroidery on the jacket.
My dress was less than what I was expecting but in an awesome way. Pierre really did fit and meet my needs.
It was a long black slit dress that was somewhat tight but not too much where it wasn't comfy. It went up to my neck, had one sleeve on the left. From my neck- to my waist line, was gold embroidered flowers which made everything come together. For my shoes, they were simple gold heels.
(Here's a photo of the dress/shoes/hair so you can have a better visual)

My hair for the awards would just be down straight as can be. (Just like the photo).

"Wow" I say to Pierre as I stare into the mirror. "It's so beautiful. I love it so much and I wouldn't even complain wearing this all night."
"This dress really looks beautiful on you. You're such a beautiful model for this. See, you don't have to feel uncomfortable or hurt to be beautiful. It just comes natural to you and I think you found your style."
"I think you made me love to start to wear this kind of stuff now. I didn't find it. You did"
I let Pierre know.
I looked over at the guys and they were just staring at me, probably in shock just like I was.

It was time to get out of the dress and we all pile everything in the car and start to head home until I told them how I felt when I woke up.
"I just want another tattoo or do something with my hair or something." At first, they were kind of on the edge about things but Mitch has a tattoo on his arm he got about a year ago and is trying to get more and Auston on the other hand has a sleeve so I don't understand why he wouldn't be down to get one. "Please. Let's all get matching tattoos!" I shout out an idea.
"Ho ho hold up. I thought you were always the one that was against getting matching tattoos with anyone in life. And now you're the one throwing out the idea." Mitch says reminding me what I had always said.
"I always meant boyfriend and girlfriend. This will mean something to all of us. This is like getting something with our mom." I inform them.
A few moments of silence until I heard Auston speak. "Let's do it."
On the way to their tattoo guy who does all of their tattoos, we thought of what we should get together. Something we all want. Something we know that means something to each of us.

On my back, below my bra line, I have a '11' because that's my favorite number, my hockey number, my number for everything. On my left outer wrist, I have an arrow. 'No matter if life pulls you back, the only way you can go is forward because you cant shoot the arrow backwards, forward is the only way it goes'. That was a deep meaning for me so every time life is hard, I look down to see that tattoo to remind me. I also have a simple cute cross on the right side, by my ribs.
This time, I will be getting it on my ankle, Mitch got it on his calf and Auston got it on his arm. It's simple but it means something to us. Many probably even have it, but that's okay. Ours is different. We got a maple leaf, as the stem, it's a hockey stick and we got the number 6 in Roman numerals. I am so happy with the way it turned out and glad they decided to do it with me.

Toronto forever. Hockey forever. Friends forever.