34

||
Pregnant.
|
Not pregnant.
I open my eyes:
||
...... Pregnant.

I was silent, staring at the test I'm holding in my two hands. Do I cry? What do I do.
Tyler grabs me and pulls me back as I finally let out a tear.
"Shh... it's all going to be okay, Teagan." he reassures me but do I believe everything's going to be ok? At this moment, I don't think so.
I'm 22 years old, how can I have a child already with someone I just started to date. Am I going to be left alone? Will can't possibly have a child right now. He's just now starting his career.
"Ty...." I look back at him with tears in my eyes. "How?.... how could this possibly happen. I'm on birth control. We used protection. That was the first got damn time Ty. The first time. I can't- I -"
"It happens. Not everything works. It's no body's fault. T, you can do it! You're going to get through this. You and will both. I'll be here for you no matter what you choose. Just you need some time Teags. If you want, I'll leave you alone"
I plop down on the bed, staring up at Tyler's ceiling. "No. You can stay"
After he puts on shorts and a shirt, he lies in bed with me with one arm around my shoulder, hand on my forehead, his thumb going back and forth to comfort me.
There's no talking, just laying there drowning in my thoughts with everything that has happened in the last few hours.

I can't tell Will right now.
"You need to talk to Will ,Teagan."
I just can't right now. I can't tell him over the damn phone. I can't text him and say 'please don't leave me. I'm sorry. I'm pregnant. It's yours'. I can't.

I called Christina. Tyler having to tell her because I couldn't get it out of my mouth.
"I'm booking you a flight to come home. You can't stay in Texas for a couple more days with out telling him. While they're in Calgary tomorrow, you can stay with me and we can talk it out and tell him Wednesday okay? Everything will be okay Teagan."
"Yeah, everyone keeps saying it'll be okay but will it? You don't know how he's going to act? I'm going to be alone taking care of this child myself."
"You won't be alone." Tyler and Christina says in unison.

"I'll put You're bags together for you Okay? Get some sleep please." Tyler says as he gets up to go to get my bags.

"Time to wake up T. I'm sorry I had to wake you, you were out of it." Tyler says gently. "Time to get ready to leave, your flight leaves in about 2 hours."

I get out of bed slowly, making my way into the bathroom where I see the pregnancy test still sitting. I grabbed it, throwing it under all of my clothes in my suitcase that Tyler had already packed for me last night.
After I was done brushing my teeth, I put on a pair of black adidas joggers, all white yeezys, and a red supreme sweatshirt.
I grab the only suitcase I had brought, and we headed out the door. This morning we were both quiet but out of the blue Tyler would start making a joke or do something to try to make me laugh and smile.

"Thank you" I say grabbing my drink and food out of his hand as we went through Starbucks drive thru on the way to the airport.

I have a straight 4 hour flight from Dallas to Toronto which won't be too bad since I'll most likely sleep the whole way there.

"Love you Teag, text me when you land and call me if you need anything. I promise everything's going to work out in the end. I'll see you at the end of January. Not too far away"
I give him a light smile and a huge hug, "love you too, T. Thank you. Thanks for everything and sorry I'm leaving earlier than planned. I'll see you in a month. Talk to you later"

*flight 036A now boarding flight 036A for Air Canada.*

"Hey babe! How are you feeling?" Christina asks as she greets me, giving me a hug.
"Scared.... where's C? I need to see that little shit"
"With grandma. I told him I had to go pick up a friend from the airport and didn't say it was you. You know how he likes to tell dad every single thing and I don't want one of the boys to be on the phone and find out you're in Toronto" she explains.
I totally understand.

Before we head to Christina's house, we went to go eat some McDonald's because we both were starving. I mean, I'm eating for two right now eh?

The whole ride back home was all talk about what we did in Dallas and how it was but I knew for sure when we got back to the house, it would all be about me being pregnant.

Never would have I thought I'd be in this situation right now. I thought I'd be having kids 10 years from my age now and not with an NHL player. It's crazy how life throws you curveballs and just tells you to figure things out and deal with it.

"We need to get you to a doctor soon. I'll call tomorrow morning and make you an appointment. Ill be right beside you through all of this."
"Thanks mom, I can make my own appointments now. I'm 22. But yes will you please call for me" she laughs at what I said. Yes, I may still be an adult but I hate talking to people on the phone and hate ordering my own food. Make fun of me all you want.