33

Last night was not a good night for me at all. I was up from 3am to around 5am in the bathroom feeling nauseous. Once we got home from the bar, I probably only got 3 hours of sleep.
I was up at 7am.

"Ew. What kind of sausage is that?" I cover my nose as I fast walk past the kitchen into the living room.
3 of us were up and 2 of Tyler's friends, Cody and Brandon we're still asleep, which I don't blame them. They have no reason to get up, it's 7 am. His other friend, David, was cooking breakfast for all of us while Ty and I sit on the couch watching sports center.

"Hey" he says quietly to me.
I look over at Tyler, "what".
"How are you feeling?"
"Well, I don't feel like I'm going to vomit but my stomach doesn't feel good. I feel queasy I guess that's what I'll call it."
"Have you had sex" he says out of the blue which makes me chuckle but then say "excuse me? Have I had sex?"
"Yes"
"And why is that your business? I'm not talking to you about my sex life Ty"
"Look,we know you didn't get sick from what you ate last night because we all had it, you had 2 drinks of stuff you always drink and you never got sick from it before. Just think about it Teagan."
"It was from the pizza Ty. I got sick like a week ago too but I ate cookie dough before so.."
"Have you had your you know what this month?" He asks which makes the convo awkward.
"Ty!!" I yell and smack him in the arm.
"Teagan just answer me. Act like I'm one of your girlfriends."
I roll my eyes, "why? I should be having it soon. I'm usually late a couple days because of the birth control I'm on."
"Take a pregnancy test"
"What! Tyler! No I'm not taking one. I'm not pregnant you stupid ass"

The conversation ends there to go and eat breakfast which consists of him giving me looks from across the table.

I finally fell asleep on the couch after I ate breakfast and slept for 4 hours straight which was much needed. I woke up to a text:
From Ty Segs: T, pleaseeee ,for me, go take the test. Just to be sure and prove me wrong. I bought you one, it's in my bathroom.
I stop and roll my eyes.
But anyway, I had to leave for workout and skate so I'll see you at 1, tickets are on the fridge, Uber's coming at 12:30. Got you a jersey , hanging in my closet. Your welcome love ya

I walk into the bathroom to see the pregnancy test in the target bag laying on the counter. I don't even want to take this but I will just so I know and tell Tyler he's wrong.
As I pick up the box, there's a note underneath:
"Love you no matter what- Ty"
I smile at the note knowing if anyway possible I am what he says, I am loved and I have support.
I take a deep breath and pee on the stick, cute right?

As I wait, I hurry up and get dressed in black leggings, white converse, and the green 'Seguin' Dallas Stars Jersey.

"Uber's here" I hear coming from the living room.

I run out of Tyler's room, not looking back at the test and head to the game.

After warmups, we meet Tyler down by the locker room to see him before the game. He pulls me aside, "so?"
"I didn't look at it."
"Seguin! Time to go. Chit chat later all you want once you win" the coach yells telling the guys to go back in the locker room to get full gear on to go out and play the game.

I was surprised, for a Monday, 1:30 game, this place is somewhat packed. Maybe they are all on Christmas break already.

The Stars lost a grueling, double overtime, against the Jets.

Tyler wasn't in the mood to go out for dinner and or anything and neither was I, which worked out good because we headed home as the 3 others went out to eat then headed back to their homes.

"I need to go get a shower. Do you want to go look at it?"
I shake my head back and forth side to side a bunch of times. "Go take your shower. You can look at it, I don't care. Just don't say anything please" he says ok.

I'm so nervous even though I know it's going to come out positive. It's just like when you take a drug test, but you know you never done drugstore in your life and you're scared or when you get a note to go to the principals even though you never done anything to get you in trouble.

I swear, Tyler Seguin takes the longest showers in the world. A half an hour goes by and I finally hear the door open. He has a towel over his bottom half, but that's about it. I'm laying on the bed and he plops down with me, hugging me.
I don't know if this is a good thing or bad.
"Rip the band aid off and go look."
"Come with me" I say as we walk hand in hand into the bathroom. I look on the back of the toilet where I left it, picking it up with my eyes closed.