35

"Surprise!" I say as Auston and Mitch walk through the door.
They look at each other with a confused face, then look down at me.
"Why- ho- I thought-" Mitch keeps trying to get out but Auston finishes his sentence.
"Why are you here and how did you get here? We thought you were still in Dallas. Why didn't you tell us?"
"What? Not a good surprise eh? But I got here by a plane and a car and my own two feet. I was in Dallas but now I'm here"
"Shut up smartass. We missed you, it's weird not having you around. But weren't you supposed to come back Thursday?" Mitch says.
"I accidentally booked my days wrong so I just came back yesterday instead of paying more to stay an extra day and a half." I lied.

'Ugh, when will I grow the balls to finally tell them about what's happening?' I question to myself hours after they had already got back from Winnipeg.
"Why are you so quiet babe? Tired from the flight?" Will catches me out of my thoughts.
I take a deep breath, "can I talk to you please? In my room? Alone?" I say quietly so Auston, Mitch and 2 other teammates don't hear me. Without them noticing, we both get up and head to my room. Sitting on the bed for a few moments before he speaks up,
"What's wrong? You've been quiet since I came over"
A tear streams down my face. "Please don't be mad at me."
"I could never be, T. Please just tell me what's wrong. Did anything happen in Dallas? You were fine before that trip. You came home two days early... what happened?"
I'm quiet for a few moments which makes the suspense for Will build up.
"Please Teagan. Just tell me, I won't be mad. Get it out. Please don't cry" he says as he wipes my tear and pulls my into his chest but I pull back and get up from the bed. I walk over to my suitcase and pull the test out making my way back to where he was after I grabbed it.
I could see on Wills face, he's confused and just wants to know what's going on.

I swing my arm from behind my back and throw the test on the bed which ended up between us.
I was so scared, nervous, upset, all I could do is lean back on my headboard and put my head in the pillow. I felt like I was having a panic attack because I wasn't feeling no movement or wasn't hearing him talk to me. Minutes later I hear a deep breath go out and his body weight moving beside me, leaning back in the same position as I was. He puts his hand on my thigh, the other around my shoulder as his head goes on mine, kissing me on the forehead.

I take my face out of the pillow and look at him with my teary eyes, looking in his, "I'm so sorry Will. I'm sor-"
"Shh.. Teagan. It's okay, everything's going to be okay." He rocks me like a little baby. "Can I ask you something"
I don't speak, just nod.
"It's mine right?"
"What the fuck do you mean Will? Of course it's yours. Why the hell would you even ask that. I can't bel-". I start to flip out on him, not meaning to but the way he asked just pissed me off.
"I'm sorry. Please, I didn't mean it like that. It's just we had sex one fucking time. I used a condom. You're on birth control. I'm just shocked I don't- I don't know what to think T. I'm 23, I never thought this would be happening at least of right now at this stage of my life. We're still kids."

He locked the door of my room so nobody would be able to get in so we could talk in private. Eventually, I knew I had to tell Auston and Mitch but I didn't want anyone else to know right now. The most important person I needed to tell, I did, so I want to leave it as that until a few more doctors appointments.

"I love you T, I mean it. I'm going to be here for you no matter what. We're going be the best parents we can be, only if that's what you want to do. I'm here supporting you through whatever choice you decide to make."
That was the first 'I love you' and I loved it.
" I love you too William. Thank you for being here and supporting me. I truly didn't know how this was going to go. I was so scared but I'm relieved now. I know I want to keep this child. I know we're young and I'm sorry for ruining your life by this but I pro-"
"Hold up. Teagan- you DID NOT ruin my life by any means AT ALL. I love you and I love this child of ours already. Trust me, yes- it's going to get some time to adapt to this, but WE WILL figure all of this out along the way. I'm so happy you chose that answer, to keep our child. He or she is going to have the best life we can possibly give them. Please don't ever think you ruined my life. You just came into my life making it 1000 times better."

For the rest of the night, we just sat in my room, talking for hours, not shutting up. It felt good. He couldn't stop looking at the test that was in his hands. At first, I wasn't sure how it was going to go, but now after seeing him smile looking at it and smile as he puts his hand on my still normal belly, I smile and life is making me happy right about now.