29

For the past couple of days, but especially last night, Will and I had finally figured things out between us and although we're not officially a couple yet, we're getting there but wanting to take things slow of course. In my mind, I actually never thought of me dating him. I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just I know how the life of a NHL player is and two, everyone knows Mitch is a brother to me and you don't date your brothers teammates. That's a rule. At first, Mitch and even Auston was skeptical about us, but now they're all happy we're together even though it's weird. We always are hanging out, just this time, it's going to be different.

Tonight, we are going to go out on a real official romantic king of date.

He said he will be picking me up and we go to the CN tower to have dinner later in the night around 8pm when it's starting to get dark out. Toronto's view at night is the most beautiful thing ever to see with your eyes, especially from the CN tower view.

< from Momma Marleau: Hey love!! Patrick told was talking to William and I heard about your date!! Come over and let's get you ready for tonight!! Let's go find you a cute outfit
> oh gosh. It's only noon, I still have a full 8 hour workday to get ready for it lol & you're just using this as an excuse for Patty to let you go to the mall
< yeah, you're right. Let's go shopping! & not only do I want to go shopping, I'm hungry of course , but also not only that.... I have a surprise for you.
> uh ohhhh wonder what that could be. But you know I'm down. When do you want to go?
< Patrick is doing stuff with the boys today so I'll come pick you up now. Just pack your makeup and what you're going to wear if we don't find anything at the mall. You're coming back to my house after, Will can pick you up there.

I brushed my teeth, pulled my hair up in a ponytail and threw on some white slip on vans to match with black adidas leggings with white 3 stripes down the leg and a white hoodie with the black off white logo on the back.
This is my go to casual, comfy look that I wear a lot. Sure, I'm matching but I'm really not because I'm wearing so many brands that clash and kind of makes the outfit look stupid but I don't care.

A short while later, Christina shows up at my door and we leave heading to the mall.
"Are you excited?" She asks looking at me giving me this weird smile and look.
I give her a weird look back, "umm, it's not like the first time we hung out or went to dinner"
"Okay I understand that. But this is different."
"If you say so... then yeah I guess I'm excited for that prime rib they have. Ooh and that chocolate lava cake. Man that's the kind of dessert I dream about in my dreams."
She smacks me not out of meanness, she was just being funny. "Oh shut up." She laughs.

"Ooh, so we came to the boujee mall eh?" We walk inside with me looking all around like a kid in the candy shop since I rarely come here.
"I'm here for whatever I find, you're here for something sexy to wear"
I roll my eyes and let out a chuckle and start looking around.

"Is it time for food yet mom? I'm starving" I whine trailing behind her in the Chanel store as she's looking a purses which I know could take an hour.
"Yes. I need to get out of this store before I buy anything else" she says as she's putting up a $1,500 purse that could probably only fit and iPhone 4 in it.
I walk out of there wondering how someone could just drop that much on such a small bag which wouldn't be useful for everyday life.

I got a huge bowl of Chinese chicken, rice, and an egg roll while Christina got a bowl of salad and a child's sub from subway.

"Ugh" I throw myself down on the couch where the boys were sitting as Patrick was in the kitchen making dinner. "This is what a day of shopping with your mom does to you, boys"
They all laugh at me.
"Boys, get off of her. We have to get her ready for her date with Willliammm" she says his name long and in a different tone.
"Ooooh, willliammmm" Jagger mocks and I push him back on the couch playfully.

As she was doing my makeup, we were sitting there gossiping about many different things like hockey, trips, my foot, boys, and my parents. It was nice to have that moment with her because it's something I can't do with Mitch and Auston.
I think about this a lot- having girl talk with my mom. Sitting down doing each other's makeovers together. Her getting me ready for my first date with a boy. Us cooking and baking cookies. Having movie nights. Getting our nails done. There's so much stuff to add to that.

"You look beautiful" she sounded like she was crying. "Babe! Come look!" She yells for Patrick.
"Woah, who is this girl in our house" they all look surprised at me because for once, I have makeup on and my hair down curled nicely.
My everyday look is usually a messy bun and very little to no makeup. "Should we get her her surprise now" Patrick mouths and a little whisper comes out. I hope they know I have eyes and ears.

Before I got my surprise, I got dressed first because Will should be on his way.

For my dress, (photo attached for visual)

And for my shoes, I went a little expensive and fancy, black red bottom Christian Louboutin heels

And for my shoes, I went a little expensive and fancy, black red bottom Christian Louboutin heels. To add a little spark in my outfit to match my heels, I pair my red LV clutch with it.

When I walk out of the bathroom, I have an audience awaiting.

A bunch of 'oohs' and 'you look so nice' comes from the group except you hear Christina hyping me up the whole time making me smile and blush.
"Oh my gosh. Teagan!! Girl!! You look amazing. Stunning. Beautiful. Wow your smokin hot. That dress and them Lous , it must be a special occasion if you brought them suckers out."
She gives me a big hug with a huge smile on her face jumping around. I never seen her like this.
I look over behind everyone, behind big ol Patrick stands William Nylander. My date.
I walk over to him and give him a hug, "you look beautiful" he said into my ear so no one could hear but Christina obviously did. "Aww" is all you hear in the background.
"Not too bad yourself Nylander"

"Wait! Before you two lovers leave, I have to give you a gift and hope you accept it." She hands me a big gift bag.
As I look in the bag, I see a Tim hortons and chick fil a gift card attached to a piece of paper which got me confused.
"Why do I need a chick fi-" I start to question because there isn't one up here in Canada.
"Just finish opening your gift"
On that piece of paper it said "road trip?" Written by one of the boys. I could have barely read it but I made it out.
I get more suspicious and wonder if we're going to the west coast for games coming up.

There was a Michigan jersey in there with my name on the back, a photo book with all the photos of me playing, with my friends, and other things Michigan related which was very special to me. The last thing was an invitation for a ceremony I'm invited to.

"What? I'm so confused what is all of this? What do you mean road trip" I start scrambling through everything in the bag.
"Do you want to go? This weekend for a couple days? Me you and the boys?" I give them all hugs and kept shaking my head up and down.
"Yay! Road trip!" Landon exclaims.

As much as I wanted to leave to go to Michigan now, we had to get going for our dinner reservations but first Christina has to take photos of us like she was the mom and it was our prom night.