15

Yesterday, I met up with some old friends of mine for breakfast and then for the rest of the day, it was just Dylan, Mitch and I because Auston wanted to meet up with some family and old friends since Arizona wasn't too far away and they took the drive down to see him for a few days. He invited his mom and brother to go to the awards with him tonight which will be very exciting. No matter even if they don't win the award in the category they are in, we are all still going to be very proud of what they have accomplished. There's no doubt in my mind they'll win though. Yesterday we went to a casino, a show, had dinner, and went to some different bars around town which was not a good idea. We didn't get back to the hotel until around 1am.
This morning, I had slept in til about only noon because we had to start to get ready then. Mitch stayed in my room because one, he didn't bring his room key and two, Auston was sleeping and didn't hear him knocking or hear his phone so Mitch got locked out.

I woke up with Mitch still sleeping but he never takes long to get ready. Knowing him he would just brush his teeth, run his fingers through his hair and throw on his tux then be out the door. For a thing like this, Auston and I will make sure he's well put together.
The sun was peaking through the curtains which caught my eye. I opened them all the way up and the sun started to beam in. Already this morning it was hotter than yesterday at 92 degrees. It only gets hotter here. I'm going to be in a long black dress... yay me am I right?
Before I start to get ready, I sit on the edge of my bed and stare outside to the beautiful downtown of Las Vegas. I take some photos of the view from my room and about 5 minutes later, I finally get up to get ready.

First, a shower then it was time to do my makeup which didn't take long, maybe about 10 minutes. My hair, which took longer- I had to dry it then straighten it but it had to be perfect since this Vegas weather would mess it up. After I brushed my teeth, I had put whitening on so they would look good in all these photos I have to be in today. Lastly, the most important part was getting dressed.

Dress, bracelets, earrings, shoes.

I looked at the time when I was all finished and my phone read : 2:37. We have to be at the arena by 3 and Mitch was still in bed when I walked out the bathroom from hearing other people talk. It was Auston in his suit and all ready to go.
Of course, like always, were late. Not because of me this time. Because of the other person who's always late. Mitchell Marner.

3:21 pm. The time we walked out of the hotel. The limo along with 5 other players and their dates were in there waiting for us. Even though the arena was down the block from the hotel, they still had a limo pick us up right infront of where we were staying. I had never got this type of luxury before.

As we pull up to the arena, there were so many photographers, network stations like NHL network, CBS, ABC, ESPN, and many other sports stations wanting interviews from them. There were also so many fans there from every team. More than others, but every team had at least 100 fans cheering in front of the awards and even inside the building who got tickets.
I didn't mind, but it was kind of awkward always standing in the back behind the guys who kept signing autographs and taking selfies with fans.

When we finally reached inside, there was more photos being taken. This time of me. I was either alone in the photo or with Mitch, Auston and his mom. I even got some with the Dylan's. Larkin and Strome.

It was time to take our seats which were about 12 rows back. It went Auston on the end, his mom, Mitch, Me, and then beside me was Sidney Crosby. Wow.
The host for the awards this year is Kenan Thompson. He's one of my favorite people and he's the funniest. I usually hate when hosts take a half an hour to start out but I could listen to him all day. The best part that keeps this going are the jokes he makes.
The awards actually get on about 8pm, after all the talking and recognizing people.

"The Art Ross Trophy is awarded to the player who leads the league with the most points at the end of the regular season. This guy has played his heart out from the beginning. Literally, he was the first one who scored the first goal this season he has the most points, only 3 above Sidney Crosby so, sorry Sid, you didn't get it this year. I am very pleased to present this award to Toronto Maple Leafs Captain- Auston Matthews. Congratulations kid." We all stand up clapping, smiling, and giving hugs. Wow, this is such an amazing feeling to see him up there getting this award. Only 3 above Crosby, wonder what he's thinking. Auston is this youngest, he has the most points, and they didn't even make it further in the playoffs. Although he didn't get the trophy he wanted, he got the Art Ross trophy which says a lot.
Now, it's just time to wait for Mitch's category.

"...I am proudly to present this honorable Ted Lindsay award to a great friend of mine from the Toronto Maple Leafs, Mitch Marner." Soon as I hear his name I just look over at him and he's looking at me in shock. Wayne Gretzky won this award 5 times, Mario Lemieux is on this list along with many other greats and now his name is on it. It takes his a second to stand up. We stand up and he gives me a kiss on the cheek and a big hug as he moves his way over to give hugs and handshakes to other people around us. Man, I hope they didn't catch that peck on the cheek on camera for the whole world to see because they'll make a huge deal out of it.
Once he finally made his way up on stage, I can tell he doesn't know what to say and he wasn't prepared. He just babbles on for a couple minutes until it was time to get off stage.

This was an amazing first awards show I have ever been to. On top of everything they won, I got to see Dylan Strome win an award too which was awesome.
It lasted about 3 hours and then we had an after 'party' to go to. There was food and drinks and we just mingled with other people.

Soon as we hit the hotel, we all were so tired so it was time to hit the hay. Before, I wanted to post a photo on Instagram even though it was 2 in the morning.

I had posted 4 photos above my caption. One of all 3 of us(Mitch, Auston and I), one of just me, one of Dylan Larkin and I, and one with Dylan Strome, his brother and Me.
"To be honest, I didn't want to go to this at first but I would totally have regretted it if I would've stayed back in the 6ix. Thank you for asking me to come and be here along side of you guys for such an amazing night. Drake was the best life moment I had ever had... until tonight. This was the proudest, most beautiful, amazing moment in my life. To see my best friends up on stage accepting awards they earned their whole career. It might've not been the Stanley cup, but these awards are bigger than that. I love you all and keep doing what you're doing- but even bigger."