7

"What are you going to do while I'm at morning skate?" Mitch asks as I turn over in bed.
"This" I groan and put the pillow over my head.

Auston, William, and himself all carpool to morning skate before the game later tonight. Meanwhile, I am going to be staying in this warm comfy bed sleeping. It was 8:30 in the morning. No way was I getting up. For what?
"Be back at 11 T" he lets me know.

A couple hours later, around 10:30, I wake up and go find something in their fridge. They're guys living together, not home a lot because of their job, and they have lots of money so they probably eat out and order things all the time so wonder if there will be anything to eat in the kitchen.
They actually had a lot of things, but a lot of healthy stuff. I grabbed a bowl: poured my Frosted Flakes and then my milk. The proper way to do it.

At exactly 11:02, Mitch comes walking through the door without Auston. "I told you- 11:00." He smirks knowing he said he'd be back at 11. "Took me 2 minutes to walk up so.."
I just shake my head, giggling at him while taking my bowl into the kitchen to wash it.
"Austons still at the arena then going to hang out with a few guys today so it's just you and me girl. I'm going to take a shower."
"Why don't you go hang out with the guys? You know I'm an adult and can be left alone. You don't have to be stuck here with me Mitch"
"No. That's why I came back- so I can be with you. You came early to be here longer with me, why would I leave you here? But I don't know about that A word... a lot of times you aren't an adult. But I'm going to shower. Be ready by the time I'm out and we have a good day planned"

It was getting hot out here in Toronto now that it was spring, almost summer time. I throw on some black leggings and a blue maple leafs shirt with 'Hyman' on the back. I never met him but he's an awesome player and seems like a great person, not to mention he has some good looks. Jokingly, I always say his name in front of Mitch to get him annoyed, it's pretty funny but he hates when I do it. I put on my white adidas shoes and grab my crossbody which has all my essentials in it.
"Are you for real T" he rolls his eyes when he notices my shirt, grabbing his keys off of the table vigorously while I'm giggling. While I grab two water bottles out of the freezer, I turn around to see Mitch pointing the camera on his iPhone on me. I cover my face and walk away then he pushes on my shoulder to tell me to turn around. "Oh so look what I come to find her wearing today. Thought she was representing ME! But no. Got this guy on her. Who the hell is Hyman?" He says talking into the phone.
"Goin on Snap" he says. I don't mind because we are always taking videos and photos of each other, posting them on Snapchat.
After getting in the car and driving for about 5 minutes, I start to wonder where we are going.
"Where are we going. Is this weekend full of surprises?" I ask.
"Downtown." He starts until he got interrupted by his phone going off. His phone is hooked up to his car so I hear everything. I look at the radio, 'Hyles' it reads. Who? I question in my head.
I just sit in the passenger seat looking out the window, being quiet.
"Yo man what's up" Mitch says as he clicks the button on his wheel to answer.
"Bro!!" The man it sounded like yelled in the phone. But it was probably because we had drake blaring and the volume was all the way up. "Let me meet her bro! She's cute!"
"Who" Mitch was confused.
"The girl on your snap, she's totally into me already, more than you, I can tell. I mean- she's wearing my shirt." He says and my face got red as Mitch looked over at me.
"Well, 'that girl' is right beside me and I'm in the car. Driving. So, that means your on my car phone. She can hear you". He laughs so hard.
"Your not serious Marner. Your fucking around with me aren't you."
"No man. She's here. I won't let her go out with you, sorry about your luck. Got to go, see you tonight brother" he hangs up. "Your not serious either are you? You don't like him do you?"
"Mitch.. I don't know him! And what are we doing downtown?"

We walk downtown trying not to get stopped by every single person who walked passed us. We soon arrive in front of the CN Tower.
"Here." He holds the door open for me.
"Why are we going in here-..." i stop. "What?... Mitch... no. Are we-?" He shakes his head knowing exactly what I'm talking about.
We lived here all our childhood and now here as he plays hockey and ever since we were little, we always talked about doing the Edge walk and it's finally happening. I cannot believe it and I'm so excited about it.
"Happy birthday. Also dinner here after and then the aquarium for a bit then I have to get back and take you to the game!"
"Wow. Oh my gosh. The concert was enough Mitch. Thank you. Love you"
"Love you too. It's gonna be fun. Let's do this."

The edge walk lasted for about 30 minutes and I had the time/ experience of my lifetime. I was nervous to do some of the things, but I did it and it was the best thing I had ever done.
We both wore go pros and they gave us the video for us to have and watch it back. Also, it came with a photo of us hanging off the edge.
After we ate dinner at the CN tower, we only had about an hour to walk through the aquarium.

As we arrive at the arena, Mitch still hasn't told me where my seat was. "Your not meeting Zach" he says as he noticed me looking around to see who was in the hallway.
"Why are we standing out here?" I ask him as he was looking at his phone frantically texting someone. "William Nylander. I'm trying to see where he is. You're sitting with him in a suite with some other people who work for us. He's hurt and said you go sit with him up there so you aren't alone."
"Damn, he's already up there. Here" he hands me my ticket. "You can find it. I know you're almost 21 now. I have to go get dressed. Text you afterwards. He'll bring you back down here to the locker rooms."

I enjoyed meeting him. At first I thought I was going to be awkward and have nothing to say but we talked almost the whole game. It's actually going to be me, him, Auston, and Mitch all going to the concert tomorrow. Although I've been having an amazing few days, this night turned around a bit, the Maple Leafs had lost the series and that means they won't be going to the Stanley cup finals. It's always a tough feeling and I never know how to handle it. Now, I have to go back to the apartment with two guys who had just lost. I hope their mood turns around because we're going to have an amazing night tomorrow no matter what.

It was a silent ride home, only a few words came out of all of our mouths. This early in April, you never want to be out but they just know they have to practice and play harder next time. Since it was pretty late, everyone just went to bed when we arrived at the apartment.