26

Today is finally Monday! I cannot believe I actually said I'm excited about a Monday but I am. It is October 14th which means it's Thanksgiving Day!
It is going to be a fun filled, exciting day, but also a long one.

It is 7:45 in the morning and I am actually the last one up in the house this time.

"What's all of this?" I yawn as I walk into the kitchen by the stove.
"I'm making thanksgiving breakfast. I have some cinnamon rolls, pumpkin pancakes, vanilla spice coffee, pumpkin pie French toast, cranberry muffins, scrambled eggs, and some potatoes."
"Um... wow. Thank you. What time did you get up for this?"
"No problem. Just a little bit ago. I got up at 7. Invite your neighbor over. We have plenty of food."
"He's probably still sleeping. Will gets up when we knock on his door ready to go to the rink."...."It's crazy how we're never late" Mitch finishes his sentence after filling his mouth up with so much food.

Our plates were destroyed within 10 minutes into the breakfast and it just left my dad and Lisa eating.
It's only 8:30, still early so I decided to go back to bed for a while. The next time I wake up, I was the only one left in the house everyone was gone at almost 11pm which is understandable for the boys, but I wonder where my dad and Lisa went.
I turn on my tv to watch NHL network while I straighten my hair to leave it down and put on nude, natural makeup. Next, I brush my teeth and try to find clothes to wear.
It looks like I'm just going to wear all black today. Black heeled booties, black ripped high wasted jeans with a long sleeve black ribbed shirt. I grab my white Gucci crossbody purse to wear to match my white Gucci belt as a pop of color to my black outfit. No, I'm not trying to sound boujee, but I guess I am looking it today.

When I was all done, I shut off the tv and when I grabbed my phone off of the charger, I seen a couple messages.

From dad: hey sweetie, Lisa and I are already here, I didn't want to wake you. Text me when you arrive. Be safe. Lots of traffic out there.

From Momma Marleau (1): Happy thanksgiving my love! I can't wait to see you later and meet the man who raised you as a beautiful women. Today is all about love, family, thanking god, and food of course.
(2): Hey! Of you, you're father and his girlfriend would like to carpool with me and the boys, we have room! That way when the games over we can ride to my house then get a ride back with the boys if that's easier for you. Let me know! Leaving my house at 11.
(3): Teagan!! Girl, where are you? It's 11:30, let me know when you get here.
> so sorry Christina!! I was getting ready. I thought the game was at 1. Oopsie. Happy thanksgiving to you too family! I love you guys and seriously don't know what I'd do if I had never met you. I can't find the rover key!! I told Auston to make sure he took it off his keychain.
> Nevermind. I found it. It was in his shorts pocket... in the laundry bin.... I'm on my way!!

A short while later, I made it. Parked and inside before they had even took the ice.
I even had time to grab some drinks and dippin dots for the boys.

From Dad: Are you here yet? You have the passes.....

I laugh at the text message I just revived from my dad because it was true. They couldn't go to their suite seats because I had the passes with me and they know who I am.
I go out into the hallway and wave them down to me.

As my dad walks in behind me, with Lisa behind him, Christina gets up with a big smile and hand out to greet them.
"Dad this is Christina. Patrick Marleaus wife. This is my dad Eric Lindros of course and this is his girlfriend Lisa. Oh and these hooligans are their sons, Jagger, Brody, Landon, and Caleb."
The boys ignore us talking and just keeps their eyes on the ice.

"I heard a lot about you and you're family. You really mean a lot to Teagan and keep her in check since I'm not living here anymore and I have to thank you for that. You know, she doesn't have a mother figure around and she tells me you're like one to her. I'm glad I'm finally meeting you and can't wait to meet Patrick. Thank you for inviting us to your house for thanksgiving dinner by the way."
"Thank you, Eric. You raised her right. She's a great, smart, beautiful young girl and she really is apart of Patrick and I's family. Always coming to dinners, having sleep overs with the kids, coming to family reunions, trips, everything with us and I don't know what I'd do without this girl" she pulls me into a hug. "Here" she pulls out cards from her purse to give to my dad.
"What is that" I ask not knowing either.
"The photos. They finally came in. A little early for the last Holliday but thought I'd give them to you're dad now."
"Wow. She really is apart of the family, eh?" He says looking down at the 'family' photos we took for thanksgiving, Halloween, and Christmas. It has Christina, Patrick, and their 7 kids as in their 4, me, Mitch, and Auston.
"Aw, I love these so much!" I say smiling at the photos which some were funny but some were seriously taken and it looks like we're a real family.
I took a photo on my phone of the thanksgiving photo that I was holding and posted it on Instagram along with 2 other photos.
The first photo was the marleau thanksgiving photo, the second one was of my dad and I, and the third photo was a picture of Mitch, Auston, Will, and I all on my bed squished up against each other. They were smiling and laughing but I wasn't which made the photo funny.
The caption read: "Be thankful for what you have and you'll end up having more. Don't concentrate on what you don't have because you will never have enough. This year brought me so many things, so many people, and so many roads that I am blessed for. I just want to post this to say how thankful I am for these amazing people in my life that I call my family. To the Marleaus, to my dad, and to the Toronto Maple leafs, this thanksgiving would not be here for me without you guys. I love you all"

The boys won against the flyers 4-1 which calls for a feast.

"Christina deserves the biggest award. She left the game early to come cook all of this food for us before the boys got here. It took early morning preparation and hours of cooking time. And thank you Granny May for helping her out so she wouldn't burn the food and the house down." I direst to Patrick's mother who lives down the road, May. She is such the sweetest and cutest person I know.

Thanksgiving was starting to die down around 9 o'clock and I was beat by then. I couldn't imagine the guys after playing a game and getting stuffed with turkey. I bet all they want is to go to bed so we headed back to the apartment and that's what we did.