11

"Hi, can I get 20 timbits- all different kinds, and 2 vanilla iced caps and one hot coffee please. That'll be it." Mitch orders at the drive thru to the Tim Hortons lady. We were picking up breakfast for us and Zach, who was tagging along, so we can eat it on the way to my house which is about an hour away.
Mitch kind of knew I was a fan, who also had a crush on Zach and I had never met or talked to him before so Mitch asked him to come. He's from Toronto also so since the seasons over, he's still here. I was kind of nervous and giddy especially what I heard him say on the phone last week about me when Mitch put me on his story.
He's actually a cool guy and it feels normal to be around him.

It's Friday, so I'll be leaving my dads house Sunday night because I don't have class until Tuesday.

A little while later, we arrive at my dads house and I see him outside with our family dog, Maples, who's a 6 year old German Shepherd boy.
He comes up to the car and once Maples got an eye on me, he came running up to me. Jumping, kissing, licking, wanting petted. I got up to give my dad a hug and Maples went to Mitch who he also loves.
"Mitchell- great to see you, boy, season didn't end like you wanted but had a hell of a run. Don't forget that." They shake hands and then my dad notices Zach in the back of the car. "You guys come in the house. You didn't drive all this way to just drop my daughter off. Where's Auston at?" He asks.
Mitch speaks up and answers his question and then informs him this is Hyman.
"Mr. Lindros, it's really an honor to meet you. Man you're a legend" he says and my dad starts laughing.
"It's great to meet you too Zach. You're next. Trust me, I keep a close eye on you guys on that team. Call me Eric. No need to make me sound older than I feel already. Come on in" he helps with my bags.

It was 11:30 and I already was starting to get hungry after I almost ate all of the timbits. I was rummaging through the cabinets until my dad caught me.
"Teagan, if you're hungry, let's all go out to eat. It's all on me. You guys in?"
"You know my answer." Mitch starts. He's always hungry so it's a yes. "How about you Hys? You up to staying for a bit longer?" Zach shakes his head yes and we get ready to go out to find something to eat.

When we're out to eat, my dad speaks to me once in a while but he was more caught up in catching up with Mitch. Zach and I were sitting on the same side and actually talking like it was just us two there but it was all okay.
As we were eating, something my dad was talking about caught my attention.
"...maybe I'll be going to the west coast. California or Arizona, Vegas maybe? I even heard Boston needed one." I hear mid conversation. What is he talking about?
I decided to chime in and speak up for myself. "What? What are you talking about? Going there for vacation?" I ask curiously.
"T, I was waiting to tell you. It just came up in conversation. So I got offered a job. I'm not sure where yet but it's just announcing the games. They have one open for the Kings and Coyotes. Just wherever I want to be. I'm just sitting at home anyway. And you know I've been talking about this for a while." He informs me.
"For real? When's this going to take place? I thought you were writing a freakin book. When did being a hockey announcer take place in all of this? If you really want to do it, go ahead but I'm not moving. Mitch asked me if I would like to move in with him and I said yes. In the summers and after I graduate college, I'm living with him and Auston." Many questions keep filing into place and I can tell Zach and Mitch we're getting uncomfortable by us talking about it. "Do what you want, do what makes you happy and what you really would like to do and it'll make me happy dad. Seriously. But go to the Bruins if you do anything." I laugh at the end. "We'll talk about it later. Now let's eat."

For the rest of the week, we just hung out at home. Just us two, or some days with one or both of my brothers. We had a small little get together cookout on Saturday with family who could've made it, friends that were around, and some neighbors that I was close with. It was nice to be home but this might not be anymore. It might be Boston, Arizona or Los Angeles.

Sunday night, I catch a flight back to Michigan where I'll have to spend about 4 more weeks there. Next week, school will be done with for this year but I still have to stay there til the lease is up.

"There she is! My best friend who got to take shots with Drake!" My friend Anna screams in the middle of the terminal when she spots me by baggage claim. I soon get embarrassed but laugh it off and roll my eyes at her.
I give her a hug and we get lost finding the car because she didn't know where she parked at which was fun.

On the way back to the apartment, all she wanted to hear about was the concert and how it was spending time with some big time leafs players. Sure, I kind of get star struck when you meet one of them who you never have before but it's my life. I've been in hockey life since the day I came out of my mother. I had met so many superstars that it doesn't phase me much anymore. It's my life.

This past few weeks have been so dreading due to all of the studying and exams I had to take. Luckily, I passed them all and finished with what I need to move on to the next year. Junior year, here I come. In physics, I made it out with a C. That was probably one of my lowest grades but that means I still made it. The lease is finally up but that means I have to pack up everything which I'm doing so last minute. Another horrible thing is that we have to look for another place to live next year which we can hopefully find something cheaper. 3 of our roommates were seniors so they moved out. Now it's us two and we have to find at least another person to live with us.

Soon, I will be back on my way to Toronto to my new home. I am super excited to live with Mitch and Auston.