36

It's been about 2 months since I was back in Dallas, Texas sitting in Tyler Seguins bathroom finding out that I was pregnant. I was really thankful to have Tyler in that moment because I knew I couldn't have done it alone. Now he has the bragging rights that he was the first to know, literally- I haven't even looked yet. He was the first one.

The world doesn't know yet and that is because we want this to be our little secret and let us have our moment. Only really close friends and family knows, not even the whole team knows yet. We are waiting for the gender reveal to reveal it to the world.

For my family, my dad, took a little to accept the fact that his little girl is going to be having a little one this year. He doesn't really know Will but told me he's hoping to get to know him a lot more and that he's happy for us.
For my mom, I still haven't told her. I know I need to eventually but I haven't brought myself to it yet.

Many people such as friends, family, and fans are going to have their views on Will and I but we are going to look way past what they think because who cares. It's our life.
We started out as just neighbors, friends, a teammate of my roommates, and then it became more. Not soon after being 'boyfriend and girlfriend', we had sex for the first time and it just happened. Yes, that's not how I wanted life to go, but it did and I wouldn't change it for anything.

I am still in my 1st trimester, on week 11, only 2 more weeks to go until the 2nd trimester. People can't tell that I'm pregnant yet, I just look bloated all the time. I do get morning sickness still but not every morning, I crave a lot of salted chips, chocolate, peanuts, and tacos. Weird right? The only thing that has been bad on Will so far has been my mood swings. One moment I'll be mad, then sad, and then act like everything's fine. He knows I can't help it but I feel so bad for him. Mitch tells me he doesn't notice because I'm always moody.

From Momma Marleau: Hey Momma, do you think we can meet for lunch around 1:30? Sorry it's short notice but we have something to tell you all, bring the boys. Meet at Byblos.
> yes! Byblos sounds sooo amazing right now. I'll force them to get up, Mitch is sleeping still. See y'all there.

It was 12:45 and no one in the house was ready because it's a Sunday, we usually just stay in, order in, and watch movies all day.
Sure, Christina always asks us to come eat with them as a family but is she pregnant too? 'We have something to tell you all' sounds like something crazy. That's the only thing I can think of.

We're a little late, but that's all Mitch's fault.

"Hey mamacita, you are glowing. How's our baby doin down there?" She says as she gives me a hug and rubs my stomach like a Buddha.
"Good. I'm feeling more energized than usual so that's good. Where's the boys at?" I ask only noticing Patrick and Christina at the table.
"at their classmates birthday party in Elora."

We talked and waited for our food to come.
I shove a big fork full of pasta into my mouth.
"Are you pregnant too?" I say with a mouth full.
They all look at me and laugh, "What did you say T?" Auston questions.

"You said you had to tell us something and all I could think of is that you guys are having another baby" I direct to Christina.
At the same time, Patrick and Christina both say 'no. No. No. No..' about 10 times.

I can tell she gave Patrick 'the look' and he takes a deep breath, takes a drink of water and tries to get it out.

"Okay... well. I wanted to tell you all in person before you see or hear it from somewhere else when it comes out. You know there has been some talks going around the rink lately and I got the call this morning around 8am from Peter DeBoer and it's happening fellas. We don't want to leave by any means but it's just apart of the job and this heartbreak has to come with it."
Silence fills the table for a few moments in shock but also in sadness.
"The kids don't even know. That's also why we wanted to have this lunch with you guys before they came home so we can tell them. Toronto is all they know. They made friends here, go to school here, play hockey here and now we have to change all of that for them and move them to a different country." Christina tells us. "But you know we will always be a flight and phone call away. We will be here for you guys no matter what city we are in, you know that. You're apart of our family forever."

I can't believe Patrick got traded, the Marleaus were literally our family. Mom and dad. Their kids were my little brothers I never had. I knew I couldn't be upset because this is the risks you take being in this industry, being a professional athlete. You never know what team you'll end up on, how much money you'll make, or if you'll even have a job. Anything could happen.
As I was hugging Christina, I could feel love there. I could feel she's always going to be there for not only me, but for Mitch and Auston too like they have From day one. They brought us into their family like their own kids. We spent holidays together, eat dinner together, and just be a family.
I was watching as the boys were giving Patrick a hug, a tear escapes from both of their eyes but I knew they didn't want anyone to see.

"Whelp, there it is, eh?" I say showing them my phone with the notification on it saying he got traded. "Just in time eh. Wouldn't that be something if you haven't told us yet" I make a light hearted joke about it.

When lunch was over and it was time for us to split our different ways for the rest of the day, I had to ask Christina one thing first.
"I know you guys will be busy packing up and everything but if you aren't doing anything tonight around 7, will you come over? You two and the kids?" I was just going to ask her the question, but I wanted to give her the surprise with it.
They agreed on coming later tonight so she could figure out what I want. In the meanwhile, since the news is out and people are posting on social media about Patrick, I thought I would put in what I have to say.

Instagram:
I posted a photo from Christmas with Mitch, Auston, Brody, Caleb, Jagger, Landon, Christina, Patrick, and I all dressed up in Christmas onesies. All of us kids were reindeer's, Christina was Mrs Claus as Patrick was Santa Claus.
Caption:
"To the Marleau's, thank you for being not only great people that I have met through this great hockey community but thank you for bringing me into your family just like your own child. From the first time I stepped in the front door of your guys' home, I felt instantly loved and welcomed. To the four Marleau boys, you crazy kids mean the world to me and I'll miss you all more than ever. To Christina, thank you for being that mother figure in my life. I'll miss all of our girl talks, movie nights, and our carpools on a Friday night to the leafs games. Thank you for always being there for me. To Patty, I'll miss all of your dad jokes most importantly but the city of Toronto will miss your dangles. Toronto made a mistake by letting you go but you'll for sure damn well show them what they'll be missing when they watch you be a shark. Love you all, see you soon. Maybe in distance, but never apart."