19

It was now 11:43 pm.
Of course, I don't remember anything from surgery because they put me to sleep but I just know I feel more pain now then I did when I actually hurt myself.

I thought I was all alone in my hospital room until I noticed another bed with Will sleeping , Mitch sleeping in the chair, and Auston on the couch. Wow, what did I do to deserve these three guys who cares about me.

For some reason, I couldn't sleep so I just was laying there, eyes opened, staring at the ceiling. I didn't want to turn the TV on because that means I'd wake the boys and they've had a long day with me.

I wake up for the third time today but this time for good. It was 6 am, a time I never see. I watch all of the chaos go through the hospital halls and stare blankly into the TV that still isn't turned on.
So much stuff comes rushing through my head and tears build up and I just let them out. I throw my head back onto the pill and cover my face, breathing heavily into my hands. In through my nose, out through my mouth.
"You're going to be okay Teagan". Mitch whispers quietly, holding my hand and bringing it up to his face. He's been with me through it all and I can't express how much I appreciate him.
"No. No. I'm not." I say in between cries.
"What do you mean? Look at you, you're looking better than ever, you made it out of surgery last night. They said you did great with everything."
"Because of what you said about Neelys injury"
His eyes lit up, "oh- no, no, no. Teagan I didn't mean to say it like th-"
"No, Mitch. You're right. I will never play again. What am I going to do." I say in a heavier cry.
He didn't believe me, "you are. You may not from the start but once you start therapy you'll be goo-" I shake my head and get frustrated.
"No Mitch! The doctor told me last night after surgery that I won't ever play again. I didn't want to tell anyone. It just hit me until now." I finally confessed it. I'm not lying, it didn't hit me until right now.
It left Mitch speechless. He didn't know what to do or say.

I was finally released out of the hospital a day later. I got prescribed a bunch of medicine and convinced my dad that I'm okay so he wouldn't fly all the way out here for me. He went all the way to buying a plane ticket which is love. Who else would just hop on a 25 plus hour flight to come and take care of his daughter. He knew I'm in good hands with Mitch and Auston being here.

"Please be careful with those. Damn I can't be getting injured. I actually make millions of dollars playing. It's my job unlike you. You can afford to be injured" Is the first thing I hear as I walk through the doors of the beach house.
Dylan Larkin was standing there holding the door open for me since I was on crutches and it was tight, so I accidentally put one of my crutch on his foot which was totally not on purpose. But, after what he said, I wish I would've done it again.
Ever since he's gotten with this girl, he's been so different. He's been such a bitch to everyone and not only me. Before I had met her, Tyler Bertuzzi had texted me and was talking about how they both are and now I can totally relate to what he was saying. We've only hung out on this trip twice and not for long either. It's just been him and her 24/7.
Not many things get me mad or upset but what Dylan just said, made me have many feelings. I was frustrated, angry, tired, upset, and mostly pissed off at him.
I go in my room and shut the door behind me. Soon as I sat down, I hear a knock.
"You know, this is my room too T" Mitches voice calls out. He slowly opens the door and comes in with my favorite candies and a shaved ice that has been in the freezer since the last time we went.
"You know you have your own bed M" I say mocking him.

We sit in silence on the patio watching the Hawaii sunset out on the beach.

"What's wrong my little T-pot" He asks noticing my face and the way I'm not talking which is rare. T-pot made me smile. He's always called me that since we were kids. I always thought he was bullying me but it's came to my liking.
"Was he there"
"Was who where?"
"Was Dylan at the hospital?"
"What Dylan?" I shoot Mitch a look knowing he knows who I mean.
"Yeah"
I roll my eyes and don't believe it by the way he said yeah. "Mitch. Tell me. How many days. I've seen ALL of you guys there except him. You, Auston and Will stayed in my freaking room with me and never left which was annoying but I appreciate it so damn much."
He takes a deep breath and sigh then finally answers the question.
"When we took you to the hospital, he was in the waiting room and then that's it. I'm sorry T. I told him to come bring you something after you got out of surgery but he just texted to ask if it went fine because they were at this place she's been dying to go to."
I got even more frustrated and upset. "No Mitch. I'm so sorry. I should've never asked to bring him. You're the whole who planned this whole thing and is paying for this beautiful place and plane tickets."
"Don't be sorry. He's your friend and I wanted you to get to bring anyone you wanted to. He shouldn't be acting this way towards you at all. It pissed me the hell off when he said that to you and Will was going to act like they were out on the ice for a second but he thought about you and how you would've felt."
"He's not my friend anymore. I'm so sorry for ruining your trip. Im going to pay you back for my portion of this house and for both plane tickets. I just want to go back to Toronto and maybe go stay with my dad in New York for a few weeks because that's where he's at."
"Teagan, are you forreal? Please don't leave. We still have a couple days here and we can just be beach bums until we leave. Look out there, look how beautiful this island is and I wish I can see that beautiful happy smile on you again. But if you want to leave, go ahead but I'm coming with you. You're not paying me back for anything. Nothing. I won't accept it. Just buy me a steak when we get back."

"Wait? What? You're leaving? Is that what you just said?" Will and Auston both walk in together and got a questioned look on each of their faces.