27

My eyes flutter open when I felt something hit my foot. It was Mitch sitting at the end of my bed.
"What time is it? What do you want Mitchell" I yawn and roll over tucking my head under the cover.
"That's not why I'm in here. I just got a text from our neighbor William Nylander..."
"Okay?" I say in an attitude. "And why did you have to wake me up again?"
"Why didn't you tell me what's been going on between you guys?"
"Nothing is going on between us. I don't know where you're getting at or what you're saying."
"I know you guys kissed a while back and he told me that he said he likes you likes you last night. I came in here to find out if you feel the same?"
I grunt and get out of bed walking into my bathroom where he followed me into.
"I'm getting naked." I tell him taking off my shirt.
"Not like I haven't seen you naked before and vice versa" he states which is true, as kids and until now it's not that awkward because Mitch is seriously a brother to me.
He watches me brush my teeth and when I'm done I finally ask him what he wants so he'd leave me alone.
"I want you to tell me if you really like him like that. Was that kiss for real? Did you mean it and what did you say back to him last night when he told you he likes you?"
"I was really thrown off by the kiss. I didn't say anything to him Mitch. I went to bed and when I woke up around 2, he was gone because it probably felt awkward. What was I supposed to say?"
"You obviously didn't back off, so you do like him like that. Wow, Teagan has a crush." He says then walks out of my room.

In the shower is where your thoughts just come pouring in. You think of the best things in the shower. I'm usually having a concert every time the water runs, but today, I'm questioning myself and my feelings.

>To Momma Marleau: girl talk

Not a second later, I get a ding.

< what's up? Everything okay?
> yeah, well I guess. It's about a guy...
<ooh, our Teagan finally find a little boyfriend? Who is it??
> don't worry, you already know him. Number 29 on the Toronto Maple Leafs.. crazy eh?
< so crazy. Where's this coming from??
> well he kind of kissed me a while back then last night when we got to the apartment, he told me he liked me..
< about time Willy. Geez! Been a couple months.

I never sent a text back. It sounds like everyone knew he liked me but me?

I decided to text Will.
>appetizers and drinks around 3?
< sounds great

My dad took Lisa out in town to do something's together while Mitch and Auston went to some kids hockey camp. So it just left me until it was time to meet up with Will.

*knock, knock, knock* I hear the door.

"Since when do you knock" I laugh as will and I greet each other with a hug.
"I don't know." He laughs along , "you ready? I'll drive."

We walk next door to the parking garage in silence which was weird since when we're usually together, were the life of the party. Always talking, messing around, and being loud but it's way different today.

"Want to give it a drive?" He looks over at me as he's putting his BMW i8 in park.
I was totally surprised by what will just asked me because he won't even let Auston or Mitch touch this car.
"No no no. I don't trust my self with this kind of car. I'm too scared."
"T, I trust you. Get out and come over here. We're only down the street from the mall."
"Are you sure?" I ask for the 1000th time.
"Positive." We switch seats and I click the button for it to start. The engine revs up which made me scream from how loud it was. This car is supposed to go fast, it's like a Lamborghini, but me, I put my foot on the gas and went 20 mph in a 45 which made us get more looks.
"Go faster" will insisted.
I got comfortable with the car and started to gas it and floored it when no one was around.
"Woah woah woah there T. You're getting a little boy too comfortable driving this. Let me park it because I can barely see in this thing so you probably won't be able to."

Once he parks, I grab his arm as we're walking down the street because it's a chillier day out. 54 degrees today which feels good but with the wind it's not pleasant. We should've at least been 4 feet away from each other because people are going to make articles on us now.

After a couple hours of shopping that was not planned, we went and got dinner together and got a couple drinks.
As we were sitting a crossed from each other at the dinner table, face to face, I thought it would be a good time to talk about other things than hockey and life.
"We need to talk about las-" I start then get interrupted.
"Yes. I know I'm sorry Teagan. I hope I didn't make anything weird and everything just I just wanted to come out and say it to get it out there and I actually met it. After the little kiss we had, you never talked about it after so I knew you had no interest. I talked to Christina about you and she told me just to tell you"
"Will- Wait. What? You talked to Christina... oooh- that's why" I started to whisper to myself connecting everything together.
"What?"
"Nothing. Just she sa- Nothing. But you don't have to worry will. Everything is good between us. I'm glad you told me, I wanted to talk about this too to tell you I like you back too. It's weird to say but I do. You're such an amazing caring guy and I can't believe I was blind to you liking me."
"Really? You do? I never wanted to say anything because I didn't know how you'd react. Or even how Mitch would. He's like a protective brother towards you."

We talk for a while more until our food was gone and headed back to his house to watch movies and play games which was a great time.