28

We were all gathered around this small little island for breakfast on this Wednesday morning having just cereal, donuts and coffee from Tim hortons my dad picked up before we all got up.
"I drove Wills car yesterday" I say just to see Mitch's reaction.
His mouth was already stuffed with donuts, "What" he says but we could barely understand.
"I drove-"
"I heard what you said Teagan. No need to say it again" Mitch interrupts as he swallowed and Auston wasn't surprised.
"Wow, he must really like you then. Mitch wishes he was dating him eh?" The whole table laughs, except my dad.
"What do you mean he really likes her?" He goes into dad mode. "If you like him Teagan, I approve. Great all around guy and nice player."
I roll my eyes to what he just said, "remember last time I dated a 'nice player'. Was on TV but not in real life." I refer to a couple years back. The only people who knows about that incident is my dad and Mitch. They were there for me through that tough time.

Brenden Lemieux. That's his name. He played for the Winnipeg jets for a short period but now has been on the New York Rangers squad. A good friend of mine, who is also Dylan Stromes brother, Ryan Strome, has actually introduced me to him since he was on the same team.
He's only 2 years older than me so you know, we're both young and getting into a relationship that would be hard on both of us with him being an NHL player, finally on the roster of a team, and me who's just now starting my college career.
Long story short, we dated for almost 2 years although I wouldn't call it dating. Just using me as a girl who is also a huge NHL alumni's daughter just to have as his trophy for the fame and photos. I had always had to put on this happy face even though that was far from what I was. He was going out, dating other girls, sleeping with them, etc.
No one knew about our relationship aside from hockey and dinners we went to together. It was all fake. Everyday I got called a name, got pushed around, had bruises on my arms and legs, I cried every night. I didn't feel safe, loved, or felt like I was a person around him. I was scared to leave but when I officially moved into the house in Michigan with my roommates, I did it. I left him. After the relationship was over I told Mitch and my dad. Ryan had no idea what was happening until my sophomore in high school when I didn't want to go back into any kind of relationship. I had to tell him why and he blames himself everyday for it even though I tell him it's not his fault. It's mine for staying in it. It's Brendan's for being who he was in that relationship. I wouldn't be as strong as I am today if it wasn't for living in them horrible years.

But Will, he's nothing compared to Brendan. I'm letting myself go back into a relationship, getting back into dating and letting myself love again.
He, himself, hasn't dated since high school because girls had always used him but he knows I would never. I'm here for him, not who he is, or his money. I'm here for the way he treats me, the way he makes me laugh, the way he makes me feel.
I'm still scared, but not for the same reasons. I'm scared he'll get traded. I'm scared he won't want this to be an open relationship. This is what you have to worry about being with a professional athlete.

After I had enough about talking with boys with my dad, he dropped something on me that I didn't know was going to happen.
"I'm sorry I didn't tell you before but we've just been so busy I haven't really had time to be with you so I'm going to tell you now... I know we were supposed to stay until Saturday but I am going to be heading to the house here to finalize the deal since I had sold it and then heading back to Boston. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about that either. When I last spoke to you, you didn't think I was actually going to sell it."
I stare blankly for a few moments. Confused, angry, sad. All that I got out of my mouth was "what?"
"Im building a house in Boston and I'll have the one in New York still since I go there a lot. I know you have a roof over your head here with Mitch and Auston. You're always welcome to come to either state with us honey."
"You sold our house. Toronto is home and you sold the home we live in." I walk away from the table and go to my room and shut my door.

Not even a second later, the door opens.
"You're home is here." Mitch says.
"I understand and I thank you for letting me be your guys' roomie but I know you understand what I mean. That home was my home and he just went and sold it without me knowing? He's going to be living in Boston and having another house in New York? What if he wants to come back to Toronto? He's not staying here. Oh for gods sake Mitch what if you get traded then where else am I supposed to go?" I say all of what's on my mind.
"I know, I know. He shouldn't have done that. I mean I still call that home even though this is where I've been living. That was the home where we grew up playing together, being neighbors. Your dad is a grown man and he can live wherever he pleases. I'm not going to get traded. You'll be living with me any where I go anyway."

After I while, I go back to the living room to watch tv and not much time later I'm giving my dad and saying 'nice to meet you' to Lisa and not knowing when I'll see them again.

The boys have an off day today and tomorrow then they are going to be going on their west coast trip for almost a week.
Friday- Vegas
Saturday- Arizona
Monday-San Jose
Wednesday- LA
Thursday-Anaheim
As for me, I'll be staying here by myself eating food, sleeping, and watching the games on TV.