21

"Teagan, we're leaving. Text me if you need anything" Mitch says coming in my room as I'm asleep.
I just moan and roll back over putting the pillow on my head but I just couldn't go back to sleep.
They wake me up everyday when they go to practice, why? Because they're worried about me because I stay in my room all day. I don't really come out much and they think I'm getting depressed about many things that's going on in my life right now.
The reason I stay in my room is because of my leg! I can't do anything. I can barely make my way to the elevator in the apartment, I can't drive because it's my right leg, I can't do what I used to. I can't play hockey.

It was 9:57 when I made my way out of bed and seen plenty of missed FaceTime calls from Christina Marleau, the wife of Patrick Marleau. 'What could she possibly want at 9 am and she never FaceTimes me this many times' I say to myself looking at my phone.
I call her back but it wasn't exactly her face when it answered. It was their youngest son, Caleb, who is 4 years old. He's my favorite little man, we hang out, go get ice cream, and text all the time even though he really doesn't know how to spell yet, he tries.
"Caleb! What are you doing up so early?"
"Will you come eat Bekfist with us pwease" he asks in his little innocent voice which is so cute and so hard to say no to.
Before I even got to say another word, I hear in the background Christina. "Caleb who are you talkin-" she stops and grabs her phone off of him then laughs.
"Teagan! I had no idea he called you. He said 'mommy can I play a game' and here little do I know he's texting you and FaceTiming. But anyway, how are you feeling? If I come pick you up, would you like to come spend the day with us and head to the game later?"
"I was surprised by him when I called you back and he answered. I was like man what does she need FaceTiming me 11 times?! Caleb actually invited me over for breakfast. But eh, I guess I'm doing alright. Could be better if I can get this damn thing off."
"Oh my! But you're more than welcome to come over for breakfast. I haven't even started yet because I had to take the boys to their practices. How long do you have left? What? A month? You can do it. Hang in there T. Text me when your ready and I'll leave to come get you."
"You know me. It'll only take 5 minutes so you can leave now if you want. Thank you, Mitch was just telling me that I stay in the house too much and need to go out for once"

We hang up and I go in to get ready.
I pull my hair up in a high ponytail, I brush my teeth, put on a light amount of makeup which is all I usually put on, and for my clothes I wear black leggings and a blue leafs sweatshirt since it's kind of chilly out. I slip on my white vans, well one of them and I hear a knock at the door.

"Wow. What perfect timing" I say opening it up seeing Christina and Caleb standing there. He runs up and gives me a hug.
I grabbed my crossbody purse off of the table, the house keys, and my ticket for tonight's game.

The Marleau's are only not even 10 minutes away but we got in so many conversations on the way there. The main one was about my mom and how she's never there like a mom should be.
"I'll always be here for you Teagan. You're literally the daughter I never had. You, Mitch, and Auston have been brought into our family. You all have a seat at our dinner table, you have rooms when you want to come and have a 'sleepover' with our boys. You guys are siblings to them. You guys are basically our kids. We've just adopted you." Is what Christina ended off that convo with.
"I love you guys and you really are like a mother to me. I've even told my dad that. You haven't met each other yet but he knows a lot about you, Patrick and the kids. I never had a girl figure as I was growing up. I was always around guys and hockey players. I still am, but now I have you and that's all I need. Us 7 kids are lucky to have you two as our mom and dad" I let her know how it truly felt as she did and it was mutual.

"Teagan, will you please get me the syrup" Caleb says pointing up high. I could barely reach it myself.
We all sit around the kitchen island and eat the amazing breakfast she just cooked for us. Bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, sausage, waffles, and fruit. For me, she made me an iced coffee, Caleb had chocolate milk, and Christina had orange juice.
Once we were done, I tried to help her with dishes but she kept pushing me away and telling me to go rest my leg and that's exactly what I did shortly after.

"C, answer this. It's Auston. Tell him he called the wrong person." I hurried up and gave him my phone as I was getting a FaceTime call from Auston.

"Oh! Um, hey buddy! What are you doing?" He asks confusedly.
"Watching cartoons. Where's daddy?" He asked.
"He's on his way home. He said he had to go pick up your brothers. Where's Teagan at?"
"She's not here. She's at home. Her leg broke."
"Where's your mom at? Can I talk to her?"
Caleb hands Christina the phone and she knows to go along with it.
"Hey um, T there?"
"No why?"
"Did I click the wrong number? I'm so confused right now... why does it say Teagan when it's your phone."
She shrugs and they hang up and not a minute later he calls back. But this time, neither of us could control our laughter.
"Fine fine. You have the right number. We got you!!"
"Damn T, thought I was going crazy. I was wondering where you went. I'm glad you're finally out of the house and doing something."
"Yeah, but I'm still in a house. I'm not out physically doing something." I show him where I am.
"Yeah, but your around other people. You aren't confined in your room. But I just wanted to see where you were. Have fun, see you all tonight."

It was a little past noon when Patrick and the boys came through the door.
In unison, they all say my name which makes me laugh. I give them all 4 a hug over the back of the couch. I shouldn't have because now I stink like I was just playing hockey for 2 hours.

"While they take showers, eat, then take a nap, I'll be in the gym if you need anything. Afterwards, we can go get dinner and something else before we head to the arena." She informs me.
"Nap, eh?" I look at Caleb who's laying on my lap already. "Sounds real good. Want to take one?"
"Let's do it" he says not even thinking twice about it.

Before I take a nap, I shoot Mitch a text,
> "do what you do every game, just extra this time around."
They are playing the wings which means Dylan will be there. I wasn't going to go tonight but since I'll be with the kids and Christina, it'll be worth it and make me feel better.
< "love you, T. I gotchu. Don't worry, just sit back and enjoy the show. Glad your out of your room. I know you're tired of hearing that but trust me, you need it and it'll make you feel better. See you afterwards.