17

Day 1 of Hawaii and many more to come. 11 more to be exact. When my family and I go on trips, it's usually a few days to a week. I've never spent longer so this is a first. It's amazing but I know it'll make it harder to leave when it's time.
This morning, I surprisingly woke up earlier than expected. How? I have no clue because of the jet lag. 10:37 to be exact. As my eyes opened, I seen the sun peak through the room. Once they fully adjust, I see the beautiful ocean, sun, sand, and the palm trees all around. Why can't everywhere in Canada/America be this beautiful all the time? It feels like I'm trapped in a photo.
As I'm using all of my senses, smell comes next. Bacon, pancakes, is all I smell. I walk out into the kitchen area where I see Auston cooking up some food and a girl there that I didn't recognize at first. Or at all. Then I hear a mans voice coming from the room behind me.

"T! Your awake. We literally just got here about 10 minutes ago." Dylan Larkin says coming over to me, giving me a hug.
I was confused because he wasn't supposed to show up for I think another day. For a few moments, it was silent just me staring at Auston giving him faces, him knowing what for.
"So you guys gotta be tired right? Find a room before everyone else gets here and go sleep it off" I speak up. "I'm Teagan by the way" I say to the girl standing next to Dylan. That must be his girlfriend of 2 months.
She gives me a smile that I think is fake and a 'very nice to meet you. Thank you for inviting me'. Who invited her? I didn't. "Taylor" she states. yeah, that was no where near what I thought it was.
"Where's the restroom?" She questions. I point her into the right direction.
"You can be at least a little nicer T." Dylan says as soon as she leaves the kitchen in an attitude. I just giggle which I think made him more angry. He grabs his bags and hers off of the ground and heads into the same direction finding their bedroom.
Will who walked out in the middle of the conversation just looks at me laughs.
"I thought you said you never met her " Auston chimes in.
"I haven't. And that's why I'm like this. Dylan's always been one of my best friends. They've been dating for 2 months and he's bringing her on this friends trip to freaking Hawaii when none of us knew her name or met her? he didn't even tell me he had a girlfriend until a few weeks ago when he said oh yeah I bought my girlfriend a plane ticket to come too. Is it cool if she stays in the house with us? What was I supposed to say? Of course if I said no Dyl wouldn't have came so I said it's fine."
"You don't know her. Get to. You guys might be best friends one day." Mitch says with a mouth full of pancake.
I roll my eyes and get on with the day. Nothings going to stop me from living it up here in Hawaii. I'll just keep my distance and not talk to her unless I really have to. I just can't wait for Courtney and Brenden Leipsic to be here already. I'm pretty sure they'll be landing late tonight. Also, the other Dylan too.

We were all done eating breakfast so it was time to get ready for the day and head out.

Will, Mitch, Auston and I all leave and walk down in 'downtown' Honolulu which is about a 7 minute walk from our house.

"So why don't you like her? I thought you guys never met before" Will questions me as were trailing behind the boys who are way in front of us walking fast.
"I haven't met her. I shouldn't already not like her, eh? It's just Dylan and I've been such good friends like Mitch and I are ever since before I even went to Michigan. When I started going there, we became closer and now he's acting like how girls act. That's why I mostly have guy friends, Will, because they don't do what girls do. They only started dating about a month ago, she's basically living with him, he just told me about her a week before this trip, he just decides to bring her to Hawaii for a friends trip and no one even knows her. It's just very irritating and you know exactly what I'm thinking about her." I rant for the whole walk to town, where we'll be doing some shopping at.
Will starts nodding his head obnoxiously up and down, " I know exactly what you're thinking and I don't blame you. It sounds exactly that, she's a puck bunny eh?"
Now that I know Will and I are on the same page and finally someone gets why I don't like her, I get it off of my mind and start browsing around the small shop.
I find some cute bracelets that the locals made and I buy a T-shirt like I do every place I visit. As we walk down the street, I find small shaved ice shop and I have to get one. Especially that I'm in Hawaii and they're known for this. Anyone who knows me, knows I could eat shaved ice 365 days for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
"Shit!" I say out loud after I look down at my white shirt seeing blue all down it.
Mitch gets out his iPhone and starts recording me, I think a snap chat, "every time T. Every time for as long as I can remember you've done that. Ever since we were kids." He says trying not to laugh at me the whole time.