22

"Are you coming trick or treating with us?" Jagger asked me as were driving to the arena for the leafs-wings game.
I laugh knowing it's at the end of the month and it's not even mid October yet. "I won't have this off of my leg by then or I would boys. You know I love eating your candy before it even gets in the bag."
"We have a golf cart" Brody announces.
"That's right... are you going to be my Uber driver for the night then yeah I'll go trick or treating with you all. I'll be there." I confirm.
"We have to pick out you, Mitch, and Austons costumes okay!" Caleb tells me.
It sounds like I have no choice and I'm kind of scared what I'll be dressed up as since it's coming from a 4 year old.

As we were pulling in the Marleau's usual parking spot, Christina heard my phone go off and my face turn a different way. I wasn't acting like how I was before hand and she knew something was up.
"Teagan" she says loud enough for me to hear but not the boys in the back who were being loud to begin with.
"Hmh" the noise comes out with my mouth not even opening.
"What is it. Who texted you? You know you can't fool this momma. I know somethings up. What's wrong babe?"
"Dylan. He just sent me a text. Long story short he asked if I would meet him after the game before they leave."
"Well what did you say."
"Nothing. I'm not texting back. I'm not meeting him."

She lets it go, I do too. I motion Caleb to get on my back for a piggy ride even though I have two crutches. He hangs on tight and wraps his tiny legs around me. Christina trails way back and the other boys are way ahead already by the security guard.
"Good afternoon Marleau family. Go on in, give your dad a big good luck tonight." He says opening up the door and they all run in to find Patrick and the guys who were in the locker room and hallway exercising and taping up sticks.

"Hey T, seen you sleeping on my couch today" Patrick says giving me a side hug.
As the kids, Christina and I were standing there talking to Patrick, other guys seen me and came to say hi. Then my roomies heard I was down there and came to see me like they never do.
"Dylan texted me a few minutes ago." I say straight out without them saying a word first.
"I'll see him out there on the ice. I got you girl" Mitch tells me.
"No mitch. Risking the game isn't worth it. Please don't it'll be fine. I promise."

It was time for them to go out and practice so we went to our seats. Center ice, behind the leafs bench, about 10 rows up which is my favorite spot to be. You see everything and you're in the atmosphere unlike being up in a suite confined in an area.

The thing I wasn't thinking about was the leg room. The whole game I had to sit sideways for my leg to be fully extended.

First period leafs 2-0
2nd 2-1
3rd 4-1 final

There was no actual fight with Larkin and the leafs but there was some words said and some pushing a shoving around which caused them both to get a 2 minute penalty.

I said goodbye to Christina and the kids because they were heading home and I was going down to the locker room to meet my roommates and my ride to get back home. To get back to the leafs locker room, I had to go through the hallway where the visiting team is. I didn't just speed walk, I felt like I was running through there trying to avoid the person who I don't want to see but that didn't work, a teammate of his called out my name and I was stuck.
I slowed down and made a face before I turned around so he wouldn't see.
"Hey ty. Nice to see you" I say giving him a hug and a light smile.
"Look, I know why you're sprinting through here but I just wanted to say hi, glad to see you too. It's been a while. Dylan said he texted you before warmups..."
"Yeah, he did. I don't want to talk to him. I already blocked him on everything else. Didn't think he had the balls to text me. But I'm sorry if I seem rude, but I'm going to go before he comes out. Shoot me a text sometime." I say giving him one last hug and turning around just to see the one person out of everyone, Dylan.
"Teag-" he starts to shout out before I gave him a nasty look and continued out the door as he was trying to follow me.

"Dave, please don't allow him in here. He's just going to start trouble" I say to the security guard who guards the leafs hallway. He knows what happened which made it better for him to have a reason not to let him in.

"Is he out there?" Will comes storming out of the locker room.
"He's not coming in. Don't worry. I just want to go home."
"okay, let me grab my bag. They're still taking showers so I'll give you a ride if you want. I'll let them know". Will offers and I gladly accept it.

When we arrived at the apartment, Will helped me to my door and even all the way inside.
"Thank you. See you tomorrow. Night"
"No problem. I'm here if you need anything. Goodnight T." Will says then bends down to give me a kiss. It wasn't on the forehead, or cheek... it was on the lips. On the lips. I wasn't comprehending what just happened. I didn't think he was either.

For a moment, we both stood there looking at each other weirdly.
He speaks up first, "I'm- im so sorry Teagan. I don't know what that was. Goodnight. Don't tell Mitch"
"It's okay, Will. Breathe" I laugh. "I'm not mad about it and don't worry, I won't tell him."
"What do you mean it's okay? I shouldn't ha-"
"Goodnight Nylander." I say shutting the door behind him.