9

We arrive at Scotiabank arena where the leafs play, but also where drakes concert is. There's already thousands of people here waiting to get inside.
"Okay, T... don't be pissed at me after I tell you this.." Mitch starts saying which makes me scared. Every time he starts out a sentence like that, it's never good. I shoot him a dead look for him to proceed what he was going to say.
"I'm so so sorry but I thought I got the right tickets but I didn't and now we're not going to be meeting Drake. I'm so so sorry to ruin your 21st birthday. I know how excited you were. It's all my fault I understand if you get mad at me. I'm sorry Teagan. I'm a stupid ass and clicked the wrong thing." He explains to me rushing it all in a sentence.
"Mitch are you serious, only you would do that. But of course I'm devastated but you didn't ruin my birthday. This is enough. It's amazing. We're going to go in and have fun night. It's ok I swear. I'd be too nervous to meet him anyway. It's better off not" I let him know. I can actually believe him buying the wrong tickets because he's always been like that, he never pays attention to things.

It literally took us until 6:27 to get inside because of how far back we were in line. The players always get free tickets to things, like in a club or suite but Mitch said he bought us tickets on the floor close to the stage so we can be in the action which I loved him for that.
I haven't been to a concert in years and to be this close to the stage - at a freaking Drake concert- in his hometown, in the 6ix is so so amazing. I have no words.
The concert doesn't start until 7:30 so Auston fulfilled his promise and he bought me a pink vodka lemonade which was a 12 on the 1-10 scale. I didn't want to drink too much so I can remember this night forever but they just kept buying me one every time the vendor came around on the floor.

Before the concert was about to start, I asked the people behind us if she would take a photo of Auston, Mitch, Will and I and she politely said yes. She didn't look like she was there for herself, she was with her 16 year old daughter and some of her friends. Luckily, the people beside and behind us didn't recognize the guys so we could have a fun night at a concert like young normal adults and not have anyone bother us for a photo or something.

After I tell the lady thank you, the lights go dim and everyone starts screaming. I turn around and chime in. He comes out running on stage saying what's up to Toronto.

He had only sang about 4 songs right about now and my voice is almost shot and I'm out of breath because I haven't stopped jumping around. He's been singing songs from his album last year which is still kind of new and his brand new one from this year that everyone now knows. 2 more songs and he stops to give a small talk to his crowd.
"Alright Tor-on-to!!" He screams into the microphone. "I have a favor for y'all can y'all do me a favor" the whole crowd screams. "I got a very special friend in here tonight. It's her birthday and I want you guys to scream loud as you can for her" he starts. I look over at Mitch and go up to his ear and say "damn I wish I'd get a birthday shoutout"... "she turned the big 21! Teagan Lindros!! Where ya at girl?" He says to the crowd. It took me a minute to process what he said. The guys started to yell and then the people around us caught on to who I was to tell drake where I was in the crowd. "Happy 21st birthday. I heard you have a favorite song, after we sing happy birthday to this girl, I'm going to be singing that for ya." I'm kind of having a heart attack, kind of crying, and about to faint. I look over at Mitch with his phone out laughing at me and I punch him in his arm along with the rest of the guys because they lied to me. Auston holds out his arms for me to give him a hug. I guess this was his surprise? "Surprise T. This was it. Happy birthday to you.." he says and the whole crowd- including Drake, sings happy birthday to me. I cannot believe what was happening.
The music starts to play of what he was about to sing, my favorite song from back then. Way back in 2013.
"Started from the bottom, now we here
Started from the bottom, now my whole team fuckin here..." I rapped the whole song without stopping. This was unbelievable. No one could ever beat Mitch and Auston for the best birthday award. No one could even have a better 21st birthday ever.

The lights come back on after he goes off stage. This means there's a break. I think for 15 minutes before he comes back out. I have to sit down before I fall on the ground when I pass out. I still have no words besides just hugging the guys. I check my phone while the breaks going on and I get another drink.
" I love you guys so much. Oh my gosh I can't believe it. How? How did you do this?" I question it a lot.
"Got connections" Will answers for them.

The second half of the concert feels like it went so fast. Around 11 pm, it was over and everyone started to pile out of the arena.
Mitch grabbed my hand so I don't get lost like I was his daughter or something.
"Where are we going?" I ask because I notice we're going a different way, where no one else is going.
"Down by the locker rooms. It'll be faster to get out of here and not get stuck in with the crowd. We also parked back this way. They'll know who I am, it's the same people who work the games." I believe him and we get passed through security. I know my way down there so I'm in front of everyone about to go through the exit doors to make my way to the car but I hear my name get called. It was Auston.
"Teagan! This way. We'll wait in here until the traffic lets up. I don't have much gas" I roll my eyes at him. How did he not fill up his car before we left?

I go into a room and sit on the couch, getting on my phone to text back my brother and roommates from Michigan telling them what happened but they had already seen from the guys' snapchats and Instagram videos.
"How's it feel being 21" I hear a guys voice that didn't sound like the people I was with. I look up and notice Drake. Aubrey Drake Graham. Oh my gosh. I stare at him and then look around the room to see the guys smiling down at me. I couldn't say anything, nothing would come out of my mouth.
He sat down something on the table which was some type of alcohol bottle I've never seen and a few shot glasses. He's just standing there.
"Can I have a hug?" He opens up his arms.
"Oh-" I realize what's happening right now. I stand up. "Oh my gosh yes. - can I have a hug like what the fucks going on. This whole nights been a blur. I was not expecting anything like this. You saying happy birthday, SFTB, and now meeting you? You guys lied to me!" I look over at the guys at the end.
"Surprise" they say in unison.
" I'm glad you had a great time tonight. I was told not to tell, but this man Matthews sent me a DM on the gram about 20 times begging and I said yes to him. I'm huge fans of theirs so I had to do something back for them since they had a rough game last night. I got to get on the road soon so let's have some shots shall we"

For about 20 minutes, we sat in the room talking, taking photos, and drinking together until he had to go. He even gave me a follow on Instagram and posted a freaking photo with me on his Instagram story.

We didn't get home until 1am.
"Good mornight" I say, something Mitch and I always said as a kid. It's 1 am. It's goodnight for us but it's an hour into the next morning.
Mitch and I slept together while Auston went to his bed and Will stayed and slept on the lovesac in the living room.

This was the best birthday of my life so far.