39

Being pregnant in the summer time is not fun at all, at least in the winter you weren't sweating to death but now I sweat 10x more than I usually do because I got all of this extra belly weight on me. My boobs are bigger and they sweat now which they never have really before hand. It's the middle of June, almost July and it's 80 degrees out early in the morning when you first wake up.
Summer is officially started because sadly, the leafs got knocked out of the Stanley cup by the Pittsburgh Penguins. It's always a horrible time to hear that but not this year, we need to get ready for this baby.

I am 7 months pregnant and I only have 2 more to go. It cannot come soon enough. We are both very eager to meet our son but we aren't really prepared at all. We have finally moved into our new house and just about settled in. It's been over a month since our stuff got moved in but we still have to decorate and put things where they belong.
The first two floors are done: the basement and the second floor where the living, kitchen, dining, and playroom is.
The upstairs is the most important part and it's not done. The baby room is such a mess and it's not even half painted yet. Only 1 wall is completely done.

Now that Will is done with hockey for about 3 months, we can get the house finished before he arrives in the next two months.

Canada day is just around the corner, literally in 2 weekends. My dad, Lisa, my brothers, and aunt are all coming up as well as Wills parents, his four siblings, his friends, and cousins are coming as well to celebrate that and my baby shower the Sunday before. Canada day is on July 1st, which is a Wednesday. This will be the first time I am meeting his sisters since they couldn't make it to the gender reveal. I met his brother when I first moved in with Mitch and Auston because his brother, Alex, plays in the NHL also.

"just got a text from Alex saying they're on there way. About 30 minutes they should be here" Will informs me.
"We still haven't figured out the sleeping situation. I guess my dad said he rented a house and they'll all be staying there so we just have to worry about your family."
"We'll figure it out when they get here"
"Will!" I yell. "No, they're our guests, you can't just say that towards the baby... oh well just worry about building the crib when he gets here"
He laughs as if I'm joking. "We can blow up a mattress and put in the baby's room, my cousin, Alex, and Zack can sleep on the couches."
I roll my eyes because I'm not letting them sleep on the floor and couches.

The house we have has 4 bedrooms. A master- will and I's, the baby's room, the guest suite in the basement which has a kitchen, living room and everything down there, and then just another bedroom upstairs.
"Mom and dad, basement. Alex in the living room on the couch, your cousin and friend can sleep ok blow up mattresses in the baby's room and your sisters can have the extra bedroom we just have to put one blow up mattress in there". I figure it all out and tell Will how it's going to go.

We hear a knock at the door and I look at Will to go answer it.
They smile, say hellos, and give hugs to their son then make their way to me. I see his mom first, who I love. She is such an amazing, caring, loving woman. Someone who I wish my mom was.
"Hello there Teagan. How have you and my grandson been feeling?" She questions as she gives me and my belly a hug.

I give a little hug to his dad, give a 'what's up' to his brother, handshakes to his friend and cousin who I haven't seen yet and then his 3 sisters come up to me very welcoming.
"Hi, it's so nice to meet you guys. I wish we could've sooner, ya know" I chuckle looking down at my stomach.
"Yeah it's so weird meeting my brothers girlfriend for the first time... and she's pregnant. So crazy. I'm Stephanie. Nice to meet you" We give a hug. Next-
"Jacquline. Can't believe will actually has a real girlfriend who acts real and is pretty with a good personality" she roasts her brother. I guess his past girlfriends weren't that great? As I could imagine being a NHL player.
"And I'm Michelle. You look very pretty." She says which makes me smile.

Yes, I know I'm pretty late on the baby shower. 3 and a half months to be exact. We found out the gender in March... in a couple days it will be July.
It was around noon so Will, his dad, cousin Gary and his friend Jack went out to go catch a blue jays game and go out for lunch then are going to get some drinks and catch up.
As for us girls, we stayed home and started to set up for the baby shower since it was going to be happening in a couple hours. I got bombarded with questions from his sisters, but not bad ones. I enjoyed talking to them and getting to know each other. I got to know a lot more things about will and seen some baby photos they brought me which I for sure will talk about and show him which will make him embarrassed.

The baby shower lasted around 2 hours and that was long enough for me. I was so tired but I enjoyed the company from family and friends. It is crazy how much stuff baby Nylander has already and he's not even here yet.
So many gift bags and boxes covered the whole living room. It all stayed there until we eventually have to put it away. We have people sleeping in the baby's room so it can't go there where I originally planned.

"I think this baby has more clothes than you already." Wills mom says looking around at all the bags and in his closet.
"I think he passed both Will and I up. Our clothes combined I think the little guy has way more." Which I think is true.