5

The day after we won was crazy. Every time a team wins a championship, the day after is always filled with joy and happiness coming from the community.
I woke up with my shirt they gave us for winning still on. I don't think I'll ever take this off from showing the world.

"Wow!! What a freaking game. Love you champ! Cannot wait to see you Friday." From Mitch.
"I am beyond proud of you. I wish I could have been there and I'm sorry I couldn't have been but Chief told me how amazing you played. I caught the ending online and couldn't believe you guys. Have a fun day today and bring it all in while you can. I love you and have a great time in Toronto later this week." From dad.
"My sis is a 2x University of Michigan hockey champ. I could not believe that ending on that game. Have fun at the stupid drake concert with your boyfriends" from Ryan.
"Nittany who?" From Tyler.
Those were just a few texts I woke up to after the big win.

Going to class this morning, I had so many come up to me congratulating me on yesterday. Later on tonight, we are going to the city building where the mayor invited the whole team for a speech and dinner. They are also presenting our rewards there too.

"Please welcome the University of Michigan women's ice hockey team who beat Penn State yesterday afternoon 8-5, making them gain another title, winning the national championship. Congratulations girls and coach Mike." People stood up and clapped for us. "First, before we eat the amazing food our cook made up for us, I would like to give out a few awards."
"The patty kazmaier award goes to the top playing female college ice hockey player in the United States during the Frozen Four. This girl deserves the heck out of it. I enjoy watching her myself and she's a huge influence on my daughter Sophie who is 7 years old. Teagan... please come up here and get your award." I was in shock at first, not knowing what to think, not believing what I was hearing. I stood up with a weird look on my face and go up to the mayor to shake his hand.
I get a photo with him and say I little speech, I didn't have in mind because I didn't think this was going to happen.
Best female college ice hockey player in the US? In the whole United States? That is so crazy.
For the rest of the night, we all ate dinner that was provided for us by the city's cook. I was still holding on to my plaque.

: "I am so blessed to be able to receive this award tonight. Thank you to the mayor for presenting this to me. To his little daughter Sophie, you can do this, I believe in you and thank you for looking up to a regular person like me. Just because hockey is dominated more by the male gender doesn't mean no girl in the world can play it. Go dominate it your generation will make the first female be in the national hockey league. I could not believe I was even up for this award and this means the world to me. Girls, you can do it. Hockey is for everyone." I post to Instagram with a photo of me holding up my plaque.
@mitchmarner16 "What does that say? Best female college ice hockey player in the United States?? Whatttt?!! Congratulations to my best friend who's the best in the whole country. I could've told you that you were without even getting that thing.
@AuMatthews_ "Mitch, you're just jealous because she's better than you and you never got anything like that. Congrats Teagan. You deserve it x1000 and earned it. Top player? You go girl. See you this weekend in the 6ix"
@dylanlark "no words. Love you Teags!! Two more years left there and I see two more championships coming your way."

I'm sad the seasons over but I now can focus on school for the next month until school gets out in May. It's been an amazing season. I have classes for another 2 days then I'll be flying out to Toronto Thursday night. Friday, I'll be watching Mitch play in a playoff game and then Saturday is my birthday concert gift. I have Easter break starting that Monday so I'll be staying there til I have to go back to school.