6

Thursday. I wake up early for my 9:00 am psychology class. My friend, Havana, who lives down the block in another house from us waits for me half way.
"Morning" I yawn.
"Good morning. You ready for Housers class?" She says, saying our professors name. We rarely get along and it's my first class in the morning which is too early for me to deal with him so she always jokes with me about him and this class. I roll my eyes and keep walking, her catching up to me.
"Here" she hands me a Starbucks bag. "For being a champ and for being the best female in the U.S." I look inside to see 4 cake pops. Wow, what a lucky morning for me. Everyone who knows me knows I love cake pops and could eat hundreds of them everyday. One time, Mitch surprised me with a bouquet of them. That was the second best gift I ever got from him besides these drake tickets.

"Good morning Havana, Teagan." Professor Houser greets us with a paper at the door before we take our seats.
"Morning" we both say in unison. I walk down to my seat which is about the 10th row up and sit next to Havana and my other friend, Sam, who also enjoys the class as much as I do.

After an hour and a half of listening to him ramble on, class was dismissed and I only had 3 more left. Math, biology, and a lab in my AT class which is almost 3 hours long. All I have looking forward to is tonight when I go back to Toronto.

"I'm done with my classes, time to go pack!! I'm sooo excited" I text Auston who is helping me with everything.
"He has no idea and he's been talking about it everyday since then. He'll be more excited. I'll have to find out an excuse to be gone for 2 hours. I'll see ya later tonight !" He reply's back within a few minutes.

I'm staying in Toronto with Mitch for almost two weeks and then seeing my family for a few days then it'll be time to head back to Michigan after break is over. When I get back from break, we'll only have 4 more weeks til school is out for the summer.

Going through my messy room and closet to find clothes and my other essentials was too much of a challenge.

Franky is at my house, again. She mind as well just live here but she needs to stop barging in my room and knock first.
"Teagan! Your going back to Toronto?" She comes walking right into my room.
"Thanks for knocking... again. But yes. Flying in later tonight. Leafs game tomorrow night. Drake concert Saturday night. Then who knows from there. I'll be back the Sunday before we are back from break though." I inform her.
"Drake concert? What? Wow."
"Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. I kind of cried a little. Mitch surprised me with 4 tickets for my birthday Saturday."
"you mean your boyfriend huh... yeah I seen you two in bed together" she says remembering when him and Auston were here and when she last came into my room without a knock.
"No. He's not my boyfriend. Just because we took a nap together doesn't mean we're dating Franky. Now I need to finish packing and take a nap before I go to the airport."
"Okay, I'm going back to Ohio for a week so I'll see you when you get back. Love ya, Happy birthday Lin" she says as I thank her. She gave me the nickname 'Lin' from my last name, Lindros.

Packing: done.
Nap: done.

From Michigan to Toronto, the flight time is only about an hour which is not bad at all compared to driving 5 hours there. Auston said they live about 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic from where their apartment is so I decided to text him when I got to the airport, before I took off.

To Auston Matthews : "hey! I'm at the airport waiting on the plane. Should arrive in about 15 minutes, says an hour and 3 minute flight... I'll see ya in no time. Didn't forget about me did ya?" I text him at 9:36. My flight is supposed to be here at 9:45.
"Yes! I'm just about to leave the apartment. Mitch went out with some of the guys to have some beers so he's gone and doesn't know I'm leaving. Suspicious why I wasn't coming out with them but he went with it. I'll be there, don't worry! Text me when you land and let me know what gate you're at!"

An hour, what can I do? Another nap it is. I sat my alarm on my phone for :50 minutes so I can wake up just in time to land. At night, Toronto is so beautiful and I love seeing the skyline. When you're in the sky, you look down and see all the city lights which light up your eyes.

"Arrived! Gate 321B. Meet you at the baggage claim?" I text Auston just hoping he's here and so I don't have to wait.

"Teagan!" A mans voice says my name so I turn around and there he is. We go in for a hug and he helps me with my bags. A backpack, carry on bag, and a suitcase. I'm in my airport outfit: black adidas sweats, my all black Gucci slides, and an all black hoodie with a matte black adidas sign on the front where you can still see it. My hairs up in a messy bun, maybe I should've looked a little better since I was going to be pictured with Auston Matthews. Or maybe we should've had me flown into a different airport that's smaller. Every step we took, there was a fan, wanting photos or an autograph. At the end, we sprinted out into his white Mercedes.
"Thank you for picking me up and helping me with this" I tell him.
"No problem, it's going to be a fun time and Mitch is going to love to have you here longer. He's going to be stoked when he knows you're coming to the game tomorrow night."
It was an hour long car ride with a guy I barely spoke to before or really knew but we had a lot of great conversations on this ride and I gained a new friend by the sounds of it. We'll be spending a lot of time together so we better be able to get along.

"Wow. It's so nice here." I say looking around the apartment since I haven't been here in almost 3 and a half years.
A kitchen perfect for the two of them since they don't cook, the living room was huge with a big flat screen tv in front of the sectional couch, a balcony that overlooks downtown and the water, and their bedrooms has a walk in closet with their own bathrooms in it. Everything I would love to have in an apartment. Most of young players on the team lives at this apartment so they constantly are around each other at one another's place.
"Are you a neat freak? Because I know Mitch wouldn't live like this" I ask Auston, looking around at the apartment still, which is very neat, clean, and tidied up. "Or did you guys fix it up just because I was coming?"
"Yeah, you're right. Mitch is a mess. Go look in his room. Stuff everywhere. I have to constantly clean up after his ass. I like to have things nice and where it's supposed to be. All the guys say I'm a neat freak too..." he stops at the end of what he was saying to take out his phone. "It's Mitch. Calling me." He answers and puts it on speaker.

"Hey I'm on the way back, do you want anything from McDonalds? See you even home? I came back in to grab my hoodie and you were gone. Where'd you go bro?"
My eyes light up in a panic.
"No. I don't want anything from there. You shouldn't be eating it either Marns. And uh, I'm home now. I was out with some girl. Don't worry about it" he hangs the phone up. We both sit patiently on the couch waiting for him to walk through the door.

Not even 10 minutes later, we hear the door handle moving so I move to the chair where my back is facing the entry way where he walks in at.
He starts talking to Auston who's on the couch and stops mid sentence when he notices the back of a girls head in his house.
"..who's tha..." I look around and he just stares at me. He gives me a huge bear hug without even saying anything first. "Oh my gosh. Teagan. Wha- what are you doing here? I thought you were coming tomorrow. And Auston you fucker. You said you were out with some girl"
Auston speaks up, "I wasn't really lying. I was out with a girl. She's right here. Surprise!"

For the rest of the night we talked and hung out. I told him how long I was here for which made him super excited. They only have two bedrooms so he offered to sleep on the couch but I told him not to that I would but we both ended up sleeping together in his room which was kind of normal to us. It wasn't the first time we have.