25

"Mitch." I stare at him as I heard the doorbell ring. It has to be my dad and his girlfriend who I have yet to meet with yet.
I stay seated, not wanting to go answer because I was kind of nervous so Mitch went and got the door.

"Hey Sir. How have you been?" They bro hug and handshake then Mitch moves out of the way. "Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm Mitchell" he says giving his hand out to the blonde lady behind my dad.

"Hey dad" I give him a hug.
"Hello, Teagan! Finally nice to meet you. I'll give you a hug, I'm a hugger." The lady greets me with a smile. "I'm Lisa. Your dad never stops talking about you guys. I'm glad I finally get to see you in person. Thank you for having us stay for a couple days."
"It's nice to meet you too! There's one more person that lives here, but he's at the gym so he should be home soon. This is Will. He lives next door but he's here too much. He basically lives here" I say pointing over at the couch where he was sitting. My dads only met him once before, he hasn't even met Auston yet which is crazy. He just has heard so many things about him from me, from my dads friends, and from the hockey community.

It's only 10am so I showed them their room and they decided to take a nap because of the early flight they had to catch from Boston to come here.

"Shit. Fu**!!" I heard Auston yell coming from the hallway. I thought something had happened so I ran to see what was going on.
"Oh my gosh!" I start to yell. "Auston! I told you my dads going to be here today. I even texted you and told you not to walk around naked after your shower because they're here! I'm so sorry Lisa."
"Sorry T. I forgot" he laughed. I just rolled my eyes.
"Go get changed then introduce yourself to them. We'll be in the living room." I let him know.

"Dad, this is Auston Matthews. I know you don't need introducing to each other but here we are. And Lisa, you guys kind of already met eh? This is the dressed version of him. The better version." Everyone was confused about that comment but Lisa, Auston and I. We all laughed and didn't even explain it to anyone.

For over 30 minutes, Auston and my dad sat there talking about who knows what. Probably hockey but how for that long non stop.
"Are we ready now?" I but in their conversation.
"Honey, I cant go have lunch with you guys. I told you I have to meet some people at TSN for some media stuff. We'll hang out later okay? I'm sorry. This is also a trip for business." He tells me saying he already told me but truth be told: I thought this was a fun trip he was coming to take to visit his daughter, see how her life is, meet everyone, and spend thanksgiving with her.

This is nothing new, so I wasn't sad about it. I learned to get over it throughout the years.

I stare blankly into the TV that wasn't even on for a few minutes until I hear Will speak from the couch, "so..." he starts to trail on. "Where do you wanna eat? I'm starving." "Me too" Mitch adds.
Auston and I look at each other and just roll our eyes at the same exact time.
"Have you ever been to Toronto Lisa?" I ask.
"Actually this is my first time in Canada. Born and raised in Boston!"
"Well, if you're all rested up, there's this nice steakhouse downtown we can go to for lunch and then check some things out and wait for my dad to get done with work stuff. I don't want to leave you here alone doing nothing so come join us!"
"I'm starving! That sounds amazing Teagan. I'm ready when you guys are." She smiles.

We all, as in Lisa, Auston, Will, Mitch, and I, head out to drive the 8 minutes to the restaurant.
We were way underdressed to be coming to this place but it was fine because we come here at least every other week.
"Teagan. I cannot eat here, look how expensive this place is. And look what I'm wearing. Jeans and a T-shirt with flip flops."
"Don't worry. They treat us good here. And anyways, Austons paying so it's fine, eh?" We all laugh. "None of us are dressed fancy, no need to worry."
"Oh my gosh. $40 for a steak?!" She exclaims.
Finally, Auston speaks up. "Order what you want. Seriously, it's no problem. It's on me. I promise I'm not going to cry in my pillow over how much I spent on a steak. Get it if you want. Get this $60 lobster if you want lobster. I just ordered beers and a bottle of wine for almost $100. It's okay to get a steak Lisa."

"What's this place called again? You're dad asked where we're at." Lisa questions.
"The Keg. Steakhouse/bar." Will answers.

After we were finished eating our main course and drinking our drinks, it was time for dessert.
We got a brownie sundae which was huge and could've fed a family of 15. Brownie, ice cream, fudge, whipped cream, cookies, and sprinkles.
The guys dug their forks in the brownie and literally only took half of a bite which is nothing.
"We're professional hockey players T, don't look at us like that. We can't eat this. We have practice tomorrow." Mitch says putting his fork down and Will chimes in. "Yeah, T. We're on a diet everyday. Not by choice."

Stuffed from the steak I had, I tried to take as many bites but I only got two big ones in and Lisa had just ate the ice cream part.

By the time we got back to the apartment, my dad still wasn't home. It's been a couple hours and he possibly couldn't still be at TSN doing a 20 minute podcast. I bet he's out with some old friends having a beer.

Soon as we walked in the door, Mitch and Auston went to play the Xbox, Lisa went to their room, and Will and I stayed in the living room together. Me on the love sac and Will on the couch.
"Do you think Eric left so you would have to spend time with Lisa?" He asks me.
"Smartest thing you said all day. To be honest, I was thinking the exact same thing."
"Well... do you like her?"
"Will. It's been like 4 hours. I don't know yet."
"Well I like you." My eyes open big like a bug.
"Huh? What did you just say?" I laugh nervously not knowing what I heard.
He just smiles and looks away.
Again, like the kiss, we both brush it off and decided to take a nap after all that food we just ate.

He was sound asleep, out like a light. But was I? No. My eyes kept fluttering, I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking of the kiss and what will just told me, connecting it all together.