Chapter One: I Mean You no Harm

Nighttime...
City of Vale...
3rd Person POV

"Legends... Stories scattered through time. Mankind has grown quite fond of recounting the exploits of heroes and villains, forgetting so easily that we are remnants, byproducts of a forgotten past."

Under the moonlit sky of the Emerald Forest, a faint gold light flew past the stars.

"Man, born from dust, was strong, wise, and resourceful, but he was born into an unforgiving world. An inevitable darkness, creatures of destruction, the creatures of Grimm set their sights on man and all of his creations. These forces clashed, and it seemed the darkness was intent on returning man's brief existence to the void."

The same gold light flew over the quiet school of Beacon Academy, catching the attention of the only two awake.

"However, even the smallest spark of hope is enough to ignite change, and in time, man's passion, resourcefulness, and ingenuity led them to the tools that would help even the odds. This power was appropriately named "Dust"."

The gold light slowed itself down and descended from the night sky, revealing itself to be a small stingray shaped ship, circling the outskirts of Vale. The ship itself was that of the Roman color scheme of blood red, snow white, and faded gold.

"Nature's wrath in hand, man lit their way through the darkness, and in the shadow's absence came strength, civilization, and most importantly, life."

The ship itself hovered downward towards the entrance to Vale. As it did so, a large magnetic recess below the ship rotated, revealing a Rhino Prime Warframe.

"But even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die. And when they are gone... darkness will return."

The Warframe itself, magnetized to the ship, began to detach from limb to limb, dropping him towards the ground. Flipping himself, the Tenno within the Warframe landed on both feet with ease, and looked upwards as his ship began to leave.

 Flipping himself, the Tenno within the Warframe landed on both feet with ease, and looked upwards as his ship began to leave