Volume II / Chapter Nine: Hostage

Schnee Manor...
3rd Person POV

The spectre of Excalibur lunged forth from beside the Heqet pulling its strings, charging towards a battle ready Weiss with an exuberant Dakra Prime in hand. As it reached forward to impail the heiress, she spun aside the tip of the blade and instead, brought her own towards it, piercing what would be the lungs of the spectre. As it hit, the spectre stood frozen mid-way.

Everyone: !?

Weiss: Huh?

But as she stood confused in front of the spectre, pulling Myrtenaster out from its chest, the spectre resumed its previous movement, stepping back to dodge the attack.

Weiss: What the-!?

Taking a different stance, the spectre charged forth once more, bullet jumping towards Weiss as she thought to herself.

Weiss: I pierced its heart!

*SSSCCCCHHHHHHHHHKKKTT!*

Weiss: !

Having lifted her blade a few inches, Weiss narrowly avoided a lack of aura by the spectre's blade as the two slid across from one another. In that spark filled moment, the battle would amp up as the spectre became relentless in its attacks, slamming and swinging his blade faster and faster upon every collision. After a few seconds of swords crossing, Weiss was slowly becoming unable to keep up with the spectre's speed, thus quickly summoning a black glyph in between strikes to repel and throw off the spectre's motion.

As the blade bounced off the glyph and the spectre, thrown off, Weiss vaulted back to give some room between the two fighters. As she did so, she summoned down a glyph underneath herself, this time speeding her up thus by the spinning clock hands on the glyph. As she did this, the spectre had dematerialized the Dakra Prime in his hands, instead trading it in to summon an imitation version of Excalibur's Exhalted Blade.

As the heiress took off from her spot in a white blur, the spectre ran forward, swingly wildly at it as multiple black glyphs were summoned for her to bounce from to dodge the Exhalted Blade's energy. Like a pinball, the heiress bounced around the blade's energy as the two closed the gap once more; This time, a myriad of glyphs surrounded the spectre, bringing suspense to the crowd around them as she seemingly controlled the battlefield.

Bouncing around her glyphs once more, the heiress would slice and punctuate the spectre's body at blinding speeds with utmost aggression, coming to an end after several seconds as the spectre raised it's Exhalted Blade. Upon doing so, a bright white light shined down upon the tip of the blade, blinding everyone around as it flashed at every angle. One such victim of the flash, the heiress, slid across the ground in a state of panic, unable to see any other color but white. As the spectre changed its focus onto the offensive, charging towards the blinded Weiss, she gripped the hilt of Myrtenaster and slammed it into the ground, summoning gargantuan, spiked crystals all around her to form as a barb wired type defense. Such crystals  effortlessly penetrated the spectre's body, causing it to dissipate before everyone's very eyes.

Ironwood: !

Jacques: !?

Nef Anyo: WHA-!?

As Weiss' vision returned, the crystals she summoned would melt away at the same pace. Standing up with Myrtenaster in her hands, and the lack of a spectre, she would aim her weapon at the prodigy of profit and demand.

Weiss: I've slained your mimic, now begone!

Neffy's shock would ignite a burning rage in his body, causing his usual flamboyant tone to change to one of a ruthless tyrant as he singled her out, guns loading