Chapter Twenty-Six: The Orokin's Ball

A Few Days Later...
Vale...
3rd Person POV

On a bright sunny weekday, after classes at Beacon had came to an end, the city of Vale sprung to life. Citizens, tourists, even students, were hustling and bustling about their day. Two of such people were Weiss and Ryoma, both on a mission to prepare the academy's ballroom for their annual dance.

Weiss: I'm worried about Blake.

Walking on the sidewalks of Vale, the two discussed Blake's unusual behavior while searching around for various shops.

Ryoma: You mean her lack of sleep?

Weiss: I mean, everything! Not only has she not slept at all lately, but she hardly eats, her grades are suffering, I mean... Despite everything we've found, this investigation is messing with her head.

Ryoma: Given her personality, I don't think there's much we could do ourselves. And besides, Miss Xiao... Yang, said she can convince her to stop. As strange as she can be though, I trust her to do it. You should, too.

She sighed before admitting.

Weiss: Yeah, that's.... probably true. Besides, we have the honor of planning the whole event.

Ryoma: You have the honor of planning the event.

In response to the statement, she crossed her arms.

Weiss: How rude!

Rolling his eyes with a smirk, he muttered.

Ryoma: This'll be a blast... So where are we heading?

5 Minutes Later...
Felicity's Fabrics...

Looking around the small brick building that was Felicity's Fabrics, the Tenno searched around in wonder. Unlike many of the other places he'd been to, this one in particular took pride in its old fashioned construction. The latest piece of furnishing to be placed in the store were the products themselves: Blankets, sheets, clothes, tablecloths, anything and everything that required fabric, they had. As he explored the place, Weiss approached him with folded up white tablecloth in each hand.

Weiss: Okay, Ryoma. I want your opinion on this: Artic white, or snow white?

Narrowing his eyes at the two cloths, the Tenno concluded.

Ryoma: They're both the same shade of white, aren't they?

Feeling himself being slapped lightly by the cloths in her hands, one at a time, the Tenno changed his mind.

Ryoma: The one on the left.

Weiss: Hmph. Thank you.

Ryoma: So we're came here just for tablecloths?

Weiss: No. While Ruby and Yang are off doing their thing for the dance... and I mean that loosely, we are here to make sure that we have the more finer things there...

Grabbing what looked like paper snowflakes from a nearby counter, Weiss presented them to the Tenno.

Weiss: Like this.

Confused by what he was looking at, the Tenno asked.

Ryoma: Snowflakes?

Weiss: Doilies.

Ryoma: Heh?

Weiss: You... don't know what a doily is?

Ryoma: No.

Raising her arms up and down in front of the Tenno, she began to yell.

Weiss: I THOUGHT YOU CAME FROM A SPECIES OF WEALTH AND CLASS! HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT A DOILY IS!?