Chapter Five: Initiation Preparation

Later that Night...
Beacon Academy Ballroom...
3rd Person POV

After a rather odd day of greetings and forming of new friends, the first year students of Beacon Academy had finally rested in their sleeping bags in the school's ballroom, preparing themselves for tomorrow's initiation. Throughout the entire night, not a single sound was made. Not even a-.

*BOOOOOOOOoooooooooom!*

Beacon Student Body: !

Weiss: What the-!?

As the loud, thunderous boom was heard throughout the entire academy, many of its inhabitants sat up as fast as possible, awoken from their slumber. While many of them were not too happy about it, only one made it known to everyone.

Ruby: EEEEP!

Yang: What was that!?

Weiss: Who did it!?

Marching towards the outside with her rapier, an enraged Weiss Schnee yelled as she opened the door.

Weiss: WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YOU-!?

Outside, in front of the ballroom, there was nothing more than a large circular burnt spot. Above it, a gold trail from that spot led upwards beyond the night sky.

Weiss: ....nincompoop?

As many of the other students followed her outside, she began to rub her tired eyes and yawned before thinking to herself.

Weiss: Wha-? I... I'm just.... I'm going insane here.

Beacon Student: Anyone else know what that is in the sky?

Beacon Student: I don't know.... And quite frankly, I don't care. I'm going back to bed.

Weiss: Yeah... me too.

Weiss: No more loud noises, please...

Meanwhile, from his office up above, the headmaster watched as the Tenno took off to the skies in his Elytron Archwing, creating the thunderous boom and leaving the familiar trail of gold light upward.

Ozpin: That was a bit louder than you promised, Ryoma.

*Ding*

Hearing the elevator doors to his office open up, the headmaster continued thinking as his assistant walked towards him in only her nightgown.

Ozpin: Quite a bit louder....

Glynda: That was too loud!

Ozpin: So I've heard.

The man took a sip from his mug.

Glynda: It woke up the entire school!

Ozpin: We'll have another word with Mr. Nagare about his "Archwing" when he returns.

Glynda: I have a few choice words to give, myself.

Ozpin: Oh dear. She really doesn't like him, does she?

Ozpin: Please, don't.... Just...

The man sighed.

Ozpin: Be sure not to hurt him too hard.

Meanwhile....
Remnant's Atmosphere...
Orbiter