Chapter Thirteen: Revelation

Team RWBY's Dorm...
3rd Person POV

Ryoma: I... am Tenno.

Taking a kiza position in front of members of teams RWBY and JNPR, the Tenno began to explain his true self.

Ryoma: Once noble warriors, now descendants of the Orokin Empire. The sole bearers of the Orokin made Warframe exo-armor.

The group, in unison, turned their heads towards the Rhino Prime Warframe that stood in the corner of the room.

Summoning a small ball of void energy, the Tenno continued on.

Ryoma: Children of the Orokin empire, gifted with the immense power of the Void.

Clenching his fist, the ball of energy within it dissipated.

Ryoma: When the Orokin Empire fell, we were preserved in cryopods for centuries, till we awoken just a few years ago into the unknown. While our memories of the past has faded over time, our mastery of the arms of war has not. Our purpose now is still unknown.

The Tenno, looking down at himself, took a deep breath before continuing.

Ryoma: Many of my people see themselves as knights of a newly formed order, as heroes of the Origin System. While a few see themselves as mercenaries of fortune, as creators of their own empires. Regardless of our purpose, we stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other.

As silence soon filled the air of the dorm room, the group's expressions varied, from intrigue to surprise, to mass confusion.

Pyrrha: I...

Yang: I don't know how to make sense of any of that.

Weiss: Yeah, I have so many questions...

Patient as he was, the Tenno responded, knowing well this would be the outcome.

Ryoma: Ask away.

Ruby: So you're a "Tenno"...

The Tenno nodded.

Ruby: A descendant of the "Orokin" empire...

He nodded again.

Ruby: What is an Orokin?

Ryoma: The Orokin were an ancient human civilization that ruled over the Origin System in the distant past. During what was known as the Orokin Era, they built technological masterpieces that surpassed anything seen before, all the while exercising complete dominion over the known world. While there is still much I do not remember of them, I know very well that their greed and desire for beauty, splendor, luxury, and excess was almost entirely responsible for the current state of the Origin System.

Ren: Origin System. That's...?

Ryoma: A system of planets a few light-days away from your own that rotates around its own sun.