Chapter Sixteen: Forever Falls

"Hey Jauney boy! It's your buddy Cardin! I know you're probably busy with that Dust project I gave you, buuuut I'm gonna need you to go out and get me a bag of Rapier Wasps. And make sure they've got some really, really big stingers! It's important, so don't screw this up!"

Two Days Later...
Forever Falls...

Ryoma: This is a rather marvelous place to be

Hiking into the bustling red forest of Forever Fall from Beacon Academy, three teams: RWBY, JNPR, and CRDL, followed a small dirt trail alongside Miss Goodwitch as she gave them their assignment.

Ryoma: Like a valley of bright cherry blossoms, it's something I thought I'd never see.

Glynda: Yes, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see.

Ryoma: Unfortunately...

He said as he carried 4 empty jars and a tap.

Glynda: Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so.

Ryoma: What was that last part, again?

Glynda: Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates.

Ryoma: Oh.

Glynda: We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!

Ryoma: Will do.

Hearing snickering from the team behind him, Ryoma began to turn his head towards them till Yang spoke, shifting course.

Yang: C'mon, Ryoma!

Ryoma: Wait, what?

Yang: Hurry up, slow poke!

Ryoma: Wait up!

Noticing the team dispersing the scene, Ryoma followed, though slowly, waddling as fast as he could with everything he was carrying.

An Hour Later...

As the members of teams RWBY and JNPR worked alongside one another to gather tree sap in a confined area, Jaune, alongside team CRDL, separated themselves away from the group, taking a spot that oversee the entire area. As Cardin and the rest of team CRDL rested themselves along the large rocks that resided in the area, Jaune gathered six jar's worth of sap. His body, exhausted and dizzy from all the work, planted itself into the dirt upon returning.

Cardin: Hey, great work, Jauney boy!

*Plop!*

Cardin: Now that wasn't too hard, was it?