Volume II / Chapter Eleven: The Calm Before The Storm

A Few Hours Later...
Schnee Family Manor...
3rd Person POV

As the light of day descended down into darkness, in the halls of the Schnee family manor, the Tenno roamed the seemingly empty home without his Warframe

As the light of day descended down into darkness, in the halls of the Schnee family manor, the Tenno roamed the seemingly empty home without his Warframe. Only the sound of his footsteps on dyed sheepskin carpeting and marbled flooring filled the sound devoided halls. As he roamed these halls, in search of Weiss' room, he turned the corner and found himself face to face with another inhabitant of the manor.

Whitey: Oh!

Ryoma: Hm?

The young boy took a step back to make space.

Whitley: Mr. Nagare, I... did not expect you to be out and about.

Ryoma: Same goes for you.

Whitley: Heading to Weiss' quarters, are you?

Lifting his left arm up, the Tenno muttered as he revealed his bandaged stump to Whitley, the bandages themselves loosening by the day.

Ryoma: Klein.

Whitley: Ah.

Inspecting the Tenno's emotionless stare, Whitley continued as he gave him unfortunate news.

Whitley: Unfortunately, he's resided in the staff living quarters for the night.

The Tenno groaned in response to the statement.

Whitley: I hope it can wait till tomorrow...

Ryoma:....

Whitley: ...can it?

Ryoma:....

Seeing as nothing more could be said, he clapped his hands in front of him before changing the subject with an oddly deceptive smile.

Whitley: Right...So! She speaks highly of you, my sister does.

Ryoma: Well... She takes great pride in her family.

Whitley: The name, more or less, not the family itself. Well except Winter, of course. She just "idolizes" her like a groupie to a celebrity.

Ryoma: She speaks a bit of you as well. Are you peehaps jealous?