Volume II / Chapter Six: Patch

A Few Hours Later...
Vale Gravesite...
3rd Person POV

Ryoma: It was nice to see team JNPR... at least the three that survived.

In the outskirts of Vale, Nora and Ren had lied asleep for the night in a tent they had bought with their own money. Jaune, meanwhile, had stay up for a while in between their tent and one of his own, keeping watch while lighting the campfire that sat next to him. In a small distance away, the Tenno stood alone near a cliffside. In front of him, stood the granite headstones of both himself and Pyrrha, both covered up with withering roses. Atop of hers, her spear and shield lied, while behind the Tenno's, his old Tatsu nikana, planted in the dirt.

'RYOMA NAGARE: HIS ABSENCE IS A SILENT GRIEF. HIS LIFE A BEAUTIFUL MEMORY. HIS DREAMS A FOUNDATION OF OUR FUTURE.'

Staring at his sword, the Tenno's mind flooded with memories of the past, increasingly aching.... cracking.... driving him enraged with every thought.

Ryoma: I may not want to hold that blade, but the more I look around this planet, the quicker I see that I may never let go of it....
...
...
...
Blake: I'm.... I'm sorry...

Ryoma: WHAT HAPPENED, BLAKE!?

Blake: I'M SO SORRY!...
...
...
...
Ryoma: Take care of Miss Schnee for me, Piper... That's all I ask of you...
...
...
...
Natah: Do not relent, for the untouched planet shall become a paradise for our kind...
...
...
Ryoma: NATAAAAH!
...
...
...
Weiss: RYOMAAAA!

Ryoma: Hey, kiddo.

Ryoma: ?

Escaping the madhouse of his mind, the Tenno lost focus on the sword and looked around for the voice, finding a person of similar figure, wearing the exact same clothing as him, down to the fiber. In fact, it was him... the Ryoma Nagare from Beacon Academy; From before the invasion; Without the scars and wounds of Grineer torture... right beside him, also staring at the sword.

 right beside him, also staring at the sword

"Ryoma": You recollecting the past?

Ryoma: .....

"Ryoma": Remembering your new friends.... your new family.

Ryoma: .....

"Ryoma": The Lotus-.

Without looking back, the Tenno asked.

Ryoma: What do you want?

"Ryoma": ?

Ryoma: Why are you here, invading my mind?