Chapter Six: Partners

Daytime...
Emerald Forest...
3rd Person POV

Ryoma: WHY IN THE HELL IS THIS A THING!?

Tossed off the cliffside towards the Emerald Forest, the Tenno had just finally finished his panicking. Twirling his body around to a diving stance, he began to rapidly descend into the trees below.

Ryoma: Oh boy...

Unsheathing Tatsu, he began slicing away the trunks and branches in front of him, easing the pain as he landed on all fours in the middle of the forest. The impact alone created a small crater beneath him; The shockwave from it cut down and disfigured many of the trees around the Tenno.

*BOOM!*
*C-C-CRACK!*
...
*THUD!*

Standing up from the small crater, the Tenno began to look around at the unrooted trees and giant chunks of wood surrounding him.

Ryoma: Oh... Ehehe.

Yang: WAHOO!

Hearing someone above him, the Tenno glanced upward towards the sky, finding many of the other students flying past him. Many of them displayed a sort of joy in it, confusing the Tenno.

Ryoma: They're getting a kick out of this?

Ryoma: At least everyone's doing fine.

He then seen Jaune pass by, flailing violently in a panicked state similar to his own initially.

Ryoma: Okay, maybe not.

Beginning to leave the site, the Tenno began to ponder as he headed slowly towards the temple.

Ryoma: Teams, huh? By eye contact nonetheless. I wonder who I'll find out here?

Beside him, a large bit of foliage began to shake.

Ryoma: Miss Rose.... that "Yang" lady... Miss Nikos... maybe even Miss Schnee.

The foliage shook even more violently, causing the Tenno to pause.

Ryoma: ?

Ryoma: Then again... she could be a bit difficult to work with.

As the Tenno got carefully closer to the shaking foliage, he began to wonder.

Ryoma: I'd this some kind of-.

*GGGRRRAAAAHH!*

As the creature within the foliage pounced towards the Tenno, he reacted by vaulting away, dodging it's bone-like claws. Now alert, the Tenno inspected his attacker, all the while answering an old question he had for himself.

Ryoma: So this is what lingers out here!