Volume II / Chapter Seven: Formalities

Schnee Manor...
Atlas, Remnant...
3rd Person POV

Weiss: Training... could've gone better.

Sitting alone in her room in the family mansion, Weiss Schnee watched from the massive windows beside her as Atlesian airships entered and exited the backyard

Sitting alone in her room in the family mansion, Weiss Schnee watched from the massive windows beside her as Atlesian airships entered and exited the backyard. From the corner of her room, the giant furry beast that was her new companion approached her; It's stubby tail wagging to the rhythm of its rapid breathing. Hearing the beast, Weiss looked back towards it. Her unemotional expression turning into a small smile upon a quick glance at it.

Weiss: Wouldn't you agree, Piper?

Gently rubbing the Kubrow's head, she chuckled a little as the Kubrow rolled herself over, gesturing for a tummy rub.

Weiss: You don't care, do you? You just want a tummy rub.

Kneeling down in front of her seat, Weiss proceeded to rub the Kubrow's tummy, playing with her pet as the door to her room opened. As the door opened, she stopped playing and looked towards the entrance, finding her butler entering the room.

Weiss: Klein

Weiss: Klein...

Klein: My apologies for barging in, Miss Schnee....

Upon seeing Klein, the Kubrow turned over on all four legs again, anxious to see him as she strutted towards him with the same attitude.

Klein: ...Piper...

Weiss: You're fine.

Piper: Got something for me?

Looking around for anyone else in the vicinity, Klein reached into his back pocket and tossed towards the Kubrow an odd concoction the staff created as the Kubrow's personal treat: a pool ball sized ball of corn chips held together by melted marshmallow.

Piper: YES!

As the Kubrow began devouring the treat from the floor, Klein commented on her.

Klein: What an oddly loving specimen.

Looking back at Weiss, Klein began clearing his throat before explaining himself.

Klein: *ahem* Miss Schnee... Your father wishes to see you in his study.