Chapter Eight: New Roommates

Later That Night...
Beacon Academy Auditorium...
3rd Person POV

Ozpin: Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark. The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL, led by... Cardin Winchester!

Among the audience of first year students, the Tenno sat in the very back, joining them in applauding those students who've passed initiation. Meanwhile, his Warframe stood in the very back corner of the auditorium, away from everyone's view as to not take away their attention.

Ozpin: Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR.

Ryoma: Before this ceremony, the headmaster had praised me for my valor in the face of adversity....

Ozpin: Led by... Jaune Arc!

Jaune: Huh? L-Led by...?

Ozpin: Congratulations, young man.

Ryoma: But I was also reprimanded for failing to grab a relic from the temple...

Ozpin: And finally: Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY.

Ryoma: It's was clear as day that I had failed my mission. I allowed myself to be pushed over the limit, and freed myself from my own restraints...

Ozpin: Led by... Ruby Rose!

Ruby: Huh!?

Weiss: WHA-!?

Yang: Hey! I'm so proud of you, sis!

Blake: Wait a minute... Where's Ryoma?

As the ceremony was about to come to an end, both the Tenno and the headmaster looked on at one another as he concluded.

Ryoma: Whatever happens...

Ozpin: And that will conclude this year's ceremony.

Ryoma: ...my time here...

Ozpin: You will be given the rest of the day to adjust your assigned rooms to your liking. After that, your first day as students of this academy begins.

Ryoma: ...will be at their mercy.

Ozpin: Do not be late. You are all dismissed.

A Few Hours Later...
Empty Dorm Room...

Ozpin: In order for you to understand my decision, you must understand a Huntsman's role in the world.

The Tenno, now back in his Warframe, had returned from his Orbiter out in Remnant's atmosphere to the front entrance of Beacon Academy's living space. Carrying a few large metallic crates behind him, he began to reminiscent over the headmaster's decision.

Ryoma: I'm listening.

Ozpin: The role of a Huntsman is to be the safeguard of mankind's future; To fight back the creatures of Grimm. We are the very wall between us and extinction.

Entering the building, he headed towards the large flight of stairs that lied on the far side of the building.

Ozpin: While yes, we are sometimes given a celebrity-like stature, it comes with the responsibility and mindset of choosing others before you. We train our students with that mindset.