Chapter Ten: Sparring

A Few Minutes Later...
Mr. Port's Classroom...

Ryoma: Well that's rather...strange.

The classroom of professor Port's Grimm Studies watched as the aspiring valedictorian, Weiss Schnee, stood ready in front of a child sized box. Myrtenaster aimed, she narrowed her eyes in focus as her teammates cheered her on from the sidelines.

Yang: Goooo, Weiss!

Blake was waving a small, unofficial team RWBY pennant.

Blake Belladonna: Fight well!

Ruby: Yeah, represent teeeeam RWBY!

Losing her focus, the young girl lowered her rapier and looked over at her leader, unamused by her cheering.

Weiss: Ruby, I'm trying to focus!

Ruby: Oh, umm....sorry.

Ryoma: Hmm?

Ryoma: All she did was join in. Why target just her?

As she refocused on the box, it began to shake violently much to the Tenno's confusion before the professor of the class spoke with excitement.

Mr. Port: Alllllllright!

Ryoma: Why is the box shaking?

Grabbing a dual edged axe/ blunderbuss hybrid weapon from his desk, the professor raised it up over the box's lock.

Mr. Port: Let the match begin!

Ryoma: ?

Slamming the weapon down onto the lock, the professor backed away as a small boar emerged from the box in a fit of rage, it's sights locked on to the young girl as it immediately charged at her.

Ryoma: !?

Ryoma: What the-!? Oh wait...

Looking at the whiteboard in front of him, he noticed the creature's anatomy drawn up there.

Ryoma: Boarbatusk. Right. I thought it was a new species of Bolarola for a second.

Continuing to watch, the Tenno took notice of the young girl's skill as she deflected the creature's attack and took stance forward her opponents next move.

Mr. Port: Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you!?

Ryoma: No. I wasn't, really.

Ruby: Hang in there, Weiss!

Speeding towards the beast, Weiss took on the offensive as she aimed the tip of her blade at the creature's skull. Upon collision, the blade did nothing to the Grimm but side in between its large tusks. With her weapon stuck, Weiss held onto the hilt and pulled against the boarbatusk in a struggle to free it.