Volume II / Chapter One: Natah

"Anata wa unmei o shinjimasu ka?" [Do you believe in destiny?]

"Īe. Watashi wa unmei o shinjite imasen... Shikashi, henka no. Baransu no toreta... Kore ga ikikatadesu." [No. I do not believe in fate... I believe in change... of balance... Such is the way of life.]

We, the Dreamers: Defy our Destiny
Volume II
___________________________________

Saturn Six Penitentiary, Saturn...
Solitary Confinement...
3rd Person POV

Ryoma: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!

In the deepest parts of the Saturn Six Penitentiary, admist the coldest and cruest of inmates, our protagonist hangs in ruins in a lonesome concrete block. Hung, hand and feet, by rusty hooks, his frail body shivered as his blood was drawn by plastic tubes that were placed in his body. Out with the Tenno's freshly made blood, a beverage for the worm queen.... And in with the new: A substance that some believe to be the blood of Orokin ancestors, an elixir of immortality. To others, a poison, a corrupting oil that brings madness and evil. To one, its both..... Kuva. An endless cycle of red.

In a neverending story of pain and brutality, the Tenno's malnourished body grew numb, succumbed to the torture and appetite of the Grineer as his bloodshot eyes were held opened by smaller hooks. But in a moment, those small hooks would break by the rust that had built up within the steel. As the hooks holding his eyelids open eroded one by one, the Tenno, at long last, was able to close his eyes....and dream.

Abandoned Corpus Facility, Jupiter...

Ryoma: Jupiter....

Standing inside an abandoned facility alone, the Tenno looked down at himself, seeing the gaping holes that had formed on his hands and feet. The tubes, gone from his frail body and his scars visible for the world to see.

Ryoma: Even in my dreams...

Taking a step forward, the Tenno collapsed onto one knee. His body aching in pain with every bit of movement.

Ryoma: Hnnngh! Nnnngh!

Ryoma: I can't move! But I.... must! Ahhh!

Standing back up on two feet, the Tenno walked through the empty facility as a familiar voice spoke to him through his thoughts.

Lotus: Tenno...

Ryoma: You...

Lotus: Our history is smoke. Blurred by dreams; Guided by ghosts. A voice, a Void, lurks inside you, its purpose not yet shown. But what am I...?

Ryoma: A traitor.

Lotus: A prisoner unto the void.

Ryoma:.....

Lotus: My father was a farmer. My mother, a carpenter. Given light by the Golden Lords, to build for them... a better world. But my family's journey was long. Time began to change their light. Creativity. Pride. A will to live. So the Golden wrath came. And after, I was born. A mimic, a spy. Conceived to burrow into nests and swallow the pitch-eggs of their war machine. The Tenno. But when I saw your tender faces, I took mercy. Or so we were told.

Ryoma: Lotus...

Natah: But in truth, we were both imprisoned in Lua's belly. My light remade by the creators. I became a memory, a ghost. Reprogrammed to destroy my family, my people, my history.