Chapter Thirty-Four: The Inevitable

Location: Unknown...
3rd Person POV

"An unexpected circumstance in an otherwise flawless execution."

From the depths of a darkened land, filled to the teeth with Grimm of all kinds, a dark, seductive voice emanated from the fortress that stood valiantly among the land. The voice, that of an aging soul who've seen the world for what it truly is... and what it could be.

"Foreigners, who wish to dwell and thrive on our world.... rushing from the furthest depths of space. Violent, enraged, these fools play a game of conquest with the people of Remnant. Their goal....conquest of land.... but let them have it."

The aging soul has stepped out onto one of the many balconies of the fortress, looking on as a large Corpus ship hovered over her land.

"Let them play their silly little game of conquest. Let them plumage and burn the world to the ground.... for they are unwitting agents. Our goal has always been the same."

As bipedal Moas and Corpus Techs drop down from the ship, their eyes met with the one in charge of the fortress from down below.

"Like you, Ozpin, I'll see to it that they burn in this world."

Beacon Academy Docks...
15 Minutes Later...

At the docks, the Tenno, alongside several students in the area, remained active as guards as the two professors that hosted the Vytal Festival served as overseers of the evacuation.

Port: That's it! Everybody into the Airbus! This is a mandatory evacuation!

Oobleck: A safe zone has been established on the outskirts of Vale! Please remain calm and listen to Atlas personnel as we prepare to leave!

Ryoma: Where the hell is everyone!?

The Tenno had grown more stressful, learning from a horrified Jaune of Pyrrha's demise at the hands of Cinder. With that lingering in the back of his mind, the Tenno could only fear the worst.