Chapter Thirty: Vytal Festival

Ryoma Nagare's POV

At the end of the day, there was a bit of chaos before peace. The train wreck had resulted in a small horde of Grimm invading the main residential area from the tunnels. That said, our team, with a bit of help from just about everyone, minimized the damage caused by the outbreak. There were several injured civilians, but no casualties. A small security force, who I would later find out represented Atlas, took custody of the recently awakened Roman Torchwick, locking him up in one of their transport ships. All in all, a hit and miss kind of completion.

We didn't get all the answers we wanted, but we've managed to dispose of a lot of dangerous people, stopping whatever plan they had from being catastrophic. For a bunch of students, I think that's something we can all be proud of.

 For a bunch of students, I think that's something we can all be proud of

One Week Later...
Vale Fairgrounds...
3rd Person POV

Ruby: Anyone else hungry after that match, or is it just me?

Blake: I... may have worked up an appetite.

Weiss: Agreed.

Yang: Totally!

Ryoma: Not really....

Yang: You didn't even fight.

Ryoma: I know...

After the first round of the Vytal Festival tournament, the Tenno, alongside team RWBY, celebrated their advancement to the next round by having a meal together. In the fairgrounds that stood underneath the colosseum where the tournament took place, they faced a new problem: Finding a place to eat.

Ruby: Is there a place nearby we can go to get food?

In hearing that, Weiss responded sarcastically, as it turned out their problem was already solved.

Ryoma: I think there's-.

Weiss: Gee Ruby, if only there was a massive place we could go to grab a bite around here... Oh, wait a minute. We're in a fairgrounds!

Not really understanding sarcasm, Ruby took the statement literally as she patted Weiss' shoulder.

Ruby: It's okay, Weiss. I forget about the fairgrounds, too.

Weiss: I was being facetious.

Ruby: Gah! Well if you were hungry, why didn't you say so!?

Ryoma: That's not what she meant, Ruby.

Yang: I know just a place we can go! Come on!

As they began to follow Yang, the Tenno looked over beside him where Weiss was. In her free hand, her scroll had begun to ring, with the caller ID labeled as "FATHER". Glaring at it, she placed the scroll away, leaving the call unanswered with disgust on her face.