Chapter Fifteen: Jealousy

Professor (Doctor) Oobleck's Classroom...
Beacon Academy...
3rd Person POV

Half of the first year students of Beacon Academy sat together alongside large, curved benches in the classroom of professor Oobleck: A veteran Huntsman native to Vale and a Ph.D. scholar in history. Teaching his lesson on the history and significance of the Faunus people on Remnant through a hyperactive lecture, he scanned the room around him to find many of his students paying attention... with an exception to one.

Oobleck: Yes! Yes, prior to the Faunus Rights Revolution, more popularly known as the Faunus War, humankind was quite, quite adamant about centralizing Faunus population in Menagerie

Oobleck: Really, Mr. Arc? In the middle of such an important lecture?

Oobleck: Now! While this must feel like ancient history to many of you, it is imperative to remember that these are relatively recent events! Why, the repercussions of the uprising can still be seen to this day!

Oobleck: At least the others are taking this seriously...

He noticed the Tenno writing frantically on his notepad.

Oobleck: Especially Mr. Nagare. With his situation being known only to Oz and a few faculty members, it makes me ever the more curious as to the notes he has taken.

Zooming past his desk to take a sip of coffee and back to his spot in front of it, professor Oobleck continued thinking to himself.

Oobleck: What kind of knowledge is hidden in that boy's mind?

Ryoma: How is he able to go that fast without a Warframe? Is that his semblance, or an addiction to whatever he's drinking?

Oobleck: Now! Have any among you been subjugated or discriminated because of your Faunus heritage?

Around the Tenno, a few hands were raised, including the rabbit faunus  (or bunbun) know to many as Velvet.

Oobleck: Dreadful, simply dreadful! Remember, students, it is precisely this kind of ignorance that breeds violence! I mean, I mean, I mean just look at what happened to the White Fang! Now, which one of you young scholars can tell me what many theorize to be the turning point in the third year of the War?

Seeing Weiss' hand raised, Oobleck called on her.

Oobleck: Yes, Miss Schnee?

Weiss: The battle at Fort Castle!

Oobleck: Correct!

Sitting beside her, the Tenno scratched his head in confusion, causing her to look back at him and ask as the professor continued on.

Weiss: What?

Ryoma: Fort Castle?

Weiss: It was the answer to our assignment from yesterday.