35: Got away

Carson's POV
I got home last night and told my family the news and they said that they will visit Brynn today.

As I drove off to school I met up with the squad by the parking lot.
" Any news about Jordyn?" I asked.

" Nothing." Lauren said." I'm visiting Brynn with my family later." I said.
" Our family too." They all said at the same time.

" Then we'll go together then." William said." How are you?" Johnny asked." Mad, in pain, sad." I said.

" I feel you." Johnny said." Let's just pray that she'll wake up soon. And that Jordyn will go to jail." Kenzie said.

When we entered the school everyone's eyes was on us. The news spread fast last night and it's all over the media.

" Carson..." Lauren called and pointed at Mark. I knew he has something to do with it.

I grabbed his collar and pinned him to the lockers." Where's Jordyn?!" I asked." I don't know!" He said.

" I don't believe you. Where is she?! Tell me where she's hiding?!" I asked.
" I said I don't know!" He said and punched me.

I punched him down to the ground and lift him uo and pushed him against the lockers.

" She's in downtown. At a steet next to a cafe. She hides at the abandoned apartment." He spilled.

" Carson Let's go!" William pulled me away." Once we find her, we'll call the police immediately." Johnny said.

We head to class and waited for the school hours to end.
...........
When we got out of school we met up with our parents at the hospital.
" She's at third floor." William said.

We head up to third floor and went to the ICU section. As I see her lying on that hospital bed with a machine connected on her together with a breathing machine whatsoever.

It just breaks me. We entered the room and greeted Kaycee.
" Hey Kaycee." We all greeted.

Kaycee stood up and greeted us.
" Hey guys." She said." Where's Ashley?.... and Sean?" I asked.

" Mom went home to get some clothes for me since I would be the one looking after her for as soon as she wake up. And Sean went to our dance studio." Kaycee explained.

" Is she getting any better?" Dale asked." Yeah, she's fine now. The doctors are just waiting for her to wake up. We're still waiting for her to move her finger for once. The doctors said if it happens there's a possibility she would wake up soon." Kaycee said.

" We're glad to hear that she's fine now. I'll help pay for the bills." Melissa said.

" You don't have to-" Kaycee was cut off by Melissa." I insist. It's the least thing we can do to repay her for everything she have done to us." Melissa said.

" Melissa it's ok-" Kaycee was cut off again." Nothing can ever change my mind on helping Brynn. She's like a daughter to me." Melissa said.

" Thank you." Was all Kaycee could say. Our parents surrounded Brynn and looked at her with with worries.

I felt hands touched my shoulders and it was William and Johnny." I know how much she means to you. And we know we're all missing her. We'll get through this." William said and I agreed.

" We'll stick together till the end." Johnny said." I know we will." I said.
We all turned to Brynn and look at her with awe.

She's still beautiful no matter what.
I squeezed through our parents and held Brynn's hand.

" I'll be back, we just need to take care of something." I said before kissing her hand and leaving the hospital with the squad.

We went to the abandoned apartment Mark was talking about. We sneaked in and searched for Jordyn but we didn't found her instead we found her stuffs.

She escaped." Fuck it!" I shouted grabbing a bottle of alcohol and threw it to the wall shattering to millions of pieces.

" What do we do now?" Kenzie asked.
" William can track her. He can do it." Lauren said and we all smiled.

" Babe it's not that easy." William said.
Our smiles faded and William thought about it again.

" But I'll do it. For Brynn." William said and we all cheered. We all hugged each other and smiled.

We went to his house and up to her room. He sat down in front of his computer and typed codes and look at me.

" Do you have Jordyn's number?" He asked." Yes. This is her number." I said handing him my phone as he typed the numbers and entered.

I faced back and forth while Johnny, Kenzie, and Lauren sat on William's bed.

" No! Damn it!" William shouted frustrated." Babe. What happened?" Lauren asked as we all turned to William.

" The number. It's gone. Jordyn must've deleted the number. And it will take few months for me to track her phone code. Each phone has a code and we don't even know what or where she bought her phone so we can ask." William explained.

We all looked at each other with worry." Now I can't even help." William said wanting to cry as he took deep breaths trying to calm himself.

Lauren placed her on hos chest and calm him down." Ssshhh. It's ok. It's ok. We'll find another way." Lauren said as her and William sat down.

" But I can't do anything to help. I want to help." William said." Honey. Sshh. It's ok. Please calm down. You're doing your best." Lauren said.

" William. It's fine. You can help on something else." Johnny said." But-" William was about to say something but Kenzie cut her off.

" William. You'll already helping Brynn by talking to her and encouraging her to wake up. The doctor said it himself that talking to a person in coma can help get her to wake up as soon as possible." Kenzie said.

I pulled a chair and sat in front of him." Listen. Everything you are doing is helping us. Helping Brynn. I'm sure what you are doing is making us proud because you're doing your best. And that's what we all need. You said it yourself that we need to be strong for her." I cheered him up.

" Thanks for the pep talk." William said as he finally calmed down.
Lauren smiked and peck his lips.

" I'm proud of you bub." Lauren said and hugged him. I stood up and looked out the window crossing my arms.

She won't get away with this.