Chapter 1

After convincing my dad to go on a school trip, the time was finally here. Luckily I had my mother on my side because otherwise my dad would never have let me go, he was the overprotective type. My dad is a great-selling author for the After Series, which is an autobiography that love is not always easy, but worth it. The girl he tortured and loved not only with everything he could but with everything he had was my mother, Tessa Young.

I was a little late for school, as usual. I had tried to promise myself that I would be on time just for today but I seemed to have overestimated myself. My mom was a pro on having things in order. I'm dad's girl with mother's appearance.

I ran up to my cousin Addy who was waiting outside the bus.

"Emery of all days could you at least be on time for this one?" Addy's dark hair was set in a stylish knot, she wore a knitted white sweater with dark jeans and wore a pair of Ugg's. She helped me put my luggage in the bus.

"I tried my best." I smiled at Addy but she knew I was lying so she just rolled her eyes at me.

The bus was full of people, as luckily Addy had been here first of all and already taken two places for us. My teacher looked at me and lowered her head and sighed.

"Good morning Ms.Dewall, you look radiant." I said and gave her my widest smile. Both she and I knew I was doing this to provoke her but as the good teacher she is trying to maintain, she just smiled back at me and said, "Good morning Emery."

Addy hit me with her elbow in the side.

I have almost the highest score in all subjects but Ms.Dewall and I have a relationship that is based on personal conversations about my attitude. In the first year of high school, I had a lot of trouble with a girl named Christine, when she threw unnecessary comments about me in the classroom I finally I got enough and called her a red-haired daughter of a bitch infront of the whole class plus Ms.Dewall, and then the chaos broke out. She called for parents meeting where she flirted 40% of the time with my dad. He asked if she had anything in her eyes when she blinked so much, she became so uncomfortable and ashamed, I had to bite my lip not to laugh.

The bus trip was long and took several hours. I had downloaded an audio book that I entertained me with. It was about love, my favorite genre. I had been in love once before, it was my ex Keaton. He was cheating on me and crushed my heart. I was only sixteen, almost a year ago but at that time it felt like he was the only one who was meant for me. And the misfortune didn't stop there, he goes in my school and are on this bus right now. He sat with Christine the girl he left me for three seats in front of me.

My mom sent an SMS every hour and asked if we were in Washington. She always added strange emojis who had no purpose with the text. Her most used emoji must be the random tiger head.