Chapter 29

Finally at last I sat in the car.

We waited for my dad to put our bags in the luggage and after that we would leave this place. Addy sat next to me in the back seat.

My mom got in the car and sat down in the passenger seat.

"Swearing at teachers, skipping school? Emery what's the matter? " My mother sounded upset.

"Can we talk about it later .." I tilted my head back towards the headrest.

"I don't know what to do with you .. You promised your dad to take care of everything if you were going on this trip." She continued.

My dad got in the car and sat down in the driver's seat and started the car.

He stroked my mother's thigh and looked at her. My dad really loved my mom, anyone could see that. Too bad it was based on a lie, a cold lie that must have made my mother die of shame. But she had survived and for several years later decided to have children with the idiot. I don't want to call my mother foolish but anyone would advise her to not go back to a man who made her so bad. Well, my grandmother had tried. Either love is stronger than everything or very, very blind.

The idea that I would have children with Kian in the future was strange now. Had I dared to think of us as married 24 hours ago I had got butterflies in my stomach, now the butterflies felt like arrows that drilled into my crushed heart.

Addy gave me a quick smile, she looked tired.

My mom tried to talk sense with me while my dad was driving. Her voice disappeared in the fog when I looked back at WUC, which disappeared further away. Wow what a trip .. If I had been allowed to choose, I wouldn't deleted this from my memory. I want to think back on this and become stronger than ever, right now I was weak but I would get through it.

"You're so beautiful." Kian stroked my cheek where he lay over me in bed.

"You've already said that like a hundred times." I smiled and hid my face behind my hands.

"I will say it hundred times more so you never forget it." He lightly kissed my lips.

His hazel brown eyes were tired after sleep, I want to wake up with him every morning. His morning voice was rough but it sounded incredibly sexy. The black hair looked insaine, partly from his sleep and partly my fault, mostly my fault.

"What have you done with me Em .. I have never been so weak before." He got eye contact with me.

I smiled.

"Tell me you're mine." His fingers were playing over my lips.

"I'm .." I started.

"Say it."

"I'm .." I couldn't finish the sentence.

"Finish the f**king sentence so I can get my damn money." His glittering eyes were replaced by something insane, the pupils became narrow and his voice became sharp.

"Em!"

Someone shook me.

"Em, wake up we're here."

It was Addy's voice that woke me out of my dream.

I checked down on my hands, they was shaking.

"Did you have a nightmare?" She asked.

I said nothing, I was just sitting quietly.

My dad looked behind himself from the front seat at me with a look that indicated something hurtful.

I unfastened the belt and stepped out of the car.

"See you soon." I told Addy before I turned around and walked toward the door. I heard that my mother asked her something but I went too quickly into the apartment to hear what it was.

I stepped into the hall and the familiar scent of my home hit me. The hall was light gray and filled with natural light from the window. The decor was minimalist but on the walls it hung family portrait. My favorite was a picture of me and Auden when we sat with cream in our faces, it was from his third birthday. Wonder if he's home?

I walked past his room that was opened. The bed was made and everything was in place.
I went to my room. My room was clean, my mother had made shure of that. I'm not a messy person but it happens a little too often that I forget to make my bed. Right now I had a purple bedding that matched the details of my room as my purple desk lamp and my purple perfume bottles that were decoration on my makeup table. But best thing in my room was the little window sill I could sit on and look out at New York City from the 6th floor in the center.

I layed myself down on the bed and felt the room spinning. I want to sleep forever.

Out in the hall, I heard my parents.

Dad came into the room.

"Should I put your bag here?" He asked with his  British accent.

"It's fine .." I said low.

"Em, is everything okay with you?" He asked quietly. "You shouted that it was my fault and then that guy came in, what really happened?" He took a step into the room.

My dad had always done this, ever since I was a kid, he came into my room and talked to me if I was upset. It could be that Addy and I were fighting about dolls but he took me seriously and sat with me and listen.

"I don't want to talk about it, seriously." I rubbed my hands on my face. "Where is Auden?" I asked.

"He is whit Landon, he slept there when we were gone. He comes home for dinner. But, darling, are you sure you don't want to talk about it? "He asked again.

I was quiet.

He seemed to understand the hint as he closed the door silently after he left the room.

Outside the room I heard my mom and dad discuss.

"What happened to her I am so worried, why was she with Zed's son?" My mother said.

"She tells when she's ready Tessa.. We don't have to push her anymore today."

"What if he did something really bad towards her? She was so sad .. " My worried mother continued.

"You know Zed, even though I'm the one who should say it's not okay, I know that Zed had never accepted such behavior by his son, don't you remember when he saved you from Steph?"

My mother seemed to understand his points because it became silent after he said it.