Chapter 25

The minutes felt like hours ..

I was still sitting on the floor with my arms around Addy's neck. She was my lifeline, I held her hard to not get lost in my tangled thoughts. My heart was beating so hard in my chest it blocked all the sounds around me. Somewhere far into my mind I heard someone knocking on the door and shouting but the sounds didn't really reach me.

Addy held me as if she were protecting me from a fire or an explosion.
How long had we been here now?

The sounds I hardly heard disappeared from the door, I recognized a brighter voice. Ms.Dewall. She talked to the person who knocked on my door, maybe it was Kian, maybe it was Ryan?

 Now we heard light knocks at the door. Ms.Dewall would probably come into the room to check if everything was okay. It wasn't, but I didn't want that pompous bitch to stick her nose into my business.

"Should I let her in?" Addy asked gently.

I shook my head. I didn't want to see her ice-blue judging eyes pretend to care about me.

"I can talk to her, tell her that you're going home. It will take your mom a couple of hours to get here." Addy stroked my hair.

I sighed heavily and gently released Addy. I needed my lifeline, I have to hold on to something so I don't lose my mind.

Addy released me slowly, went to the door and opened it slightly. I reached out for a pillow on the bed and held it where I sat leaning against the edge of the bed.

 Despite my wishes Addy let the Bitch in.

"Hi Emery, how are you?" Ms.Dewall asked, crouching down in front of me.

I didn't answer her, I kept staring into the wall in front of me.

"Emery, I asked how you felt. Can you answer me? "She asked again.

I didn't answer.

"Emery .." She started.

"Can you get out of my f**cking room you stupid bitch, you can clearly see how I'm feeling right now! I'm going home and you can't do shit about it! "I screamed right to the face.

Ms.Dewall's face turned pale and she stood up from her crouched position.

"She's very hurt Ms.Dewall, she doesn't really mean it. She'd rather be alone right now. I've talked to her mother and she will pick up Emery tonight. I'll go with her. "Addy said in my defence.

"This trip is an obligatory part of your history course, if you leave it will affect your grades negatively." Ms.Dewall remarked drily.

"Kiss my ass." I said, got up and threw the pillow in Addy's bed. I got in Ms.Dewall's face, i was standing so close to her that our toes were almost touching. I felt a stench of coffee in her breath.

Ms.Dewall's facial expression was as if I had just punched her in the face.

"Excuse me?" Ms.Dewall said passively aggressively.

"You heard her." Addy said, "It's time for you to go Ms.Dewall."
Ms.Dewall looked shocked at Addy. Ms.Dewall said nothing more, she gave Addy one last look then she slowly walked out of the room with straight back. Addy hurried to lock if someone else tried to get in.

I was as shocked as Ms.Dewall, Addelyn Rose, a badass?

Addy tightend the scrunchie in her hair and sat down on her bed. I sat back down on my bed opposite to hers.

Addy looked down at the phone every five seconds to see if the time had moved. We both wanted to get away from here.

All I wanted right now was to be in my white painted room and drown in my wonderful bed with the big pillows and covers. I wanted to stay in there for the rest of my life, or at least until I had healed. Who knows, after my outburst directed at Ms.Dewall I wouldn't have been surprised if I was to be expelled. Luckily, Uncle Landon worked at the school.

Talk to me in the comments, XX