Chapter 30

I changed to warmer clothes and had music on in my headphones. I looked in some magazines but didn't find something interesting.

I saw a silhouette at the edge of my field of view. Auden stood there and gave me a broad smile. I went towards him and gave him a big hug.

"I didn't hear you coming in." I said and let go of him.

"I knocked but you didn't open." He said.

It had only been two weeks since I saw him last time, but it felt like he'd became longer. His brown hair was pretty fresh cut I noticed which gave a nice contrast to his gray eyes. He looked more like my dad almost every time I saw him. He was tall and slim with sharp jaws.

"How are you?" He continued.

I sat down on the bedside again, Auden sat on the other side of the bed.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders.

"What happened?"

"I can't say it. It's too terrible." I looked down at the bed.

"Em, you haven't suffered any kind of abuse or so?" His eyes looked worried.

"No, no nothing like that."

He calmed down again.

"You know you can talk to me, huh?" He said and smiled.

I nodded. I know I really can trust Auden but this was something he wouldn't understand. I just want to forget everything and continue to live my almost normal life.

Auden rose and began to leave my room.

"It's dinner soon." He said before he closed the door behind him.

Wonder if Auden ever been misserably in love? As far as I knew he was the nicest guy I ever talked to, easy to say when he is my brother but still.

Was that what I was? misserably in love.

* A few days later *

I had been off for a few days from school while the others in my class were still at WUC. I hadn't been able to meet Addy yet and I hadn't talked to my parents about what really happened.

It was time. It feels unnecessary to start school in the middle of the week on a Thursday, but the teachers' argument was that we needed every lesson we could get. I had studied what I missed during the history lessons at WUC.

I checked myself one last time in the mirror, black jeans, dark blue knitted sweater with black DR. Martens and to that my beloved leather jacket. It was getting cold now that October was approaching.

I threw the backpack over my one shoulder and left the room.

Auden sat and tied his boots out in the hall. He went to the same school as me so it was easy to drive him around. It was for the most part me who overslept which annoyed my nerdy brother. It was just as annoying to wait for him to get his instruments in the car, which could take a very long time.

We went down to the entrance and walked out of the gate. My white Nissan Crossover was in my usual spot. When Auden would take his driving license, we would have to share that car.

"When are you done in school today?" I asked Auden.

"I have a guitar lesson after school at three, I can take the bus if you don't want to wait." He said.

"It's cool, I'll pick you up afterwards. Bus sucks. "

When we arrived at the school, we stepped out of the car and headed towards the entrance. I said bye to Auden and went to my locker.

I clicked in the code to the locker and put in my books and then closed.
Addy stood beside me leaning against a locker.

"Wow, do you spy on me." I smiled.

"I kind of need to do that when you don't answer the phone." She said half fun, half seriously.

"I haven't been able to open it, I've just listened to music offline."

"Have you not checked if he texted you?" Addy asked.

I shook my head and started walking toward the classroom.