Chapter 6

The museum was beautiful, it had high ceilings and was decorated in a vintage Victorian style. A guide walked around and babbled about something, I had stopped listening a long time ago. Addy went just behind the guide and asked questions about what he was talking about and recorded in a small block.

My mobile vibrated in my pocket. I picked it up and saw that I had an SMS from Kian.

I stand next to a statue of a handsome president, come and find me.

I smiled at the message and looked around. I went aside and let my group pass me so that I could sneak into another room. I entered a large hall with paintings from the Civil War and at the bottom of the room was a statue of Abraham Lincoln. Two big hands blocked my view.

"Guess who?" Kian asked playfully.

"Oh Ryan, I've missed you." I teased him. He removed his hands from my face and turned me to him. He grabbed my nose.

"Sorry, don't do that, it's weird!" I laughed and tried to pull off his hands.

"Never call me Ryan again." He gave me a warning finger.

I went further into the room and looked at some paintings.

"Why did you want me to meet you here, just so that I end up in trouble again?"

"Yeah, so I can save you again." He smiled.

He wore a white long-sleeved shirt with a short red flannel shirt over. He looked like Bender from The breakfast club. I had not previously noticed that he had holes in his ears, his shabby black hair had managed to hide them.

We went into another room and saw paintings with women who wore great beautiful dresses and men with slightly more ridiculous costumes.

"Look there you are." He said and pointed to a painting where a lady had too much white powder on her face and red lips that attracted all the attention in the room.

"Okay then that's you!" I said and pointed to a painting with a man with a tight suit, clearly he sucked in his cheeks to probably look more slim.

He pushed me lightly on my shoulder.

"Check this out." He said and went against a vase. "It has the same color as your eyes."

The vase was jade green and antique, very beautiful.
I smiled at him.

"Sorry if I give you too many compliments about your eyes, I am very aesthetic and paint a lot." He looked down into the ground when he said it. I could imagine it was something many didn't know about him.

"My brother loves art and music, most music actually. He's in an orchestra. "

"It's really cool, in the public school I come from there's not many guys who dare to express themselves artistic or aesthetic. " Kian said.

"Are you painting or sketching?" I asked.

"Sketches most, I like to make portraits."

"I want to see them sometime." I smiled at him.

He looked thoughtful.
"Do you want to leave here and grab something to eat?"

"you ask me to skip school."

"You are technically not in the lesson." He began to back towards the door.

"You are bad influence on me." I said and put my arms crossed. He gave me a cute sad face. How was it possible that this badboy could be so extremely cute and sexy at the same time. I realized to myself that I began to really like Kian. A guy has never looked at me the way he does. He makes me feel like the most beautiful work of art in the room. It has gone way too fast, we haven't even known each other for twenty-four hours yet and already he has searched himself for my crushed and abandoned heart and started to pick up the pieces bit by bit.

I gave up and went with him to a place that served tacos. At the restaurant, Kian described how scared he was of corn, I understand if he doesn't like it but he pointed out that he was actually afraid of it. The discussion continued that he was afraid that the topic of conversation would disgust me but I persuaded him to tell me about his fear of corn.  When he was younger someone told him that corn was not distributed in the stomach and could come out as whole as you swallowed them. . I laughed so much that I put the water in my throat.

I excused myself to Kian and went to the women's. When I stood in front of the mirror I checked myself in the eyes, they might be beautiful anyway. My mobile vibrated in my pocket and I picked it up. I had seven missed messages from Addy. F**king hell.

I called Addy and she answered after two signals.

"Where the hell are you Em?" Addy was angry.

"I'm sorry .." How could I explain to Addy that I was sneaking away from the lesson to grab a bite with Kian.

"Hm?" Addy seemed desperate for an answer.

"I'm with Kian, can we talk later?" I rubbed my face, it was a sign that I was nervous.

"Kian!" She was surprised. "We are back at the cottages now, come here soon."

I put the phone down. She was right, I felt bad that i had skipped class. I had promised my mom and dad that I would take care of my studies.

I went in to the restaurant and saw that my table was empty.

A girl whit an aporn walked towards me.

"Your friend payed and left the restaurant." She said

DON'T FORGET TO FOLLOW ME AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK