Chapter 27

I dropped my bag on the floor, walked up to her and threw my arms hard around her.

"Honey, what happened?" My mother hugged me back hard and stroked her hand through my hair.

The tears ran down my cheeks and my body was shaking. I was scared, scared to tell her what happened to me. My mother, the most innocent woman in the whole world, could not live with such a thing on her conscience. She would blame herself for letting me go on this trip.

"I want to go home now .." I said low with my face pressed against her neck. I hid my face in her hair.

"Honey are you okay?" My mother once again asked. She took my face in her hands and looked into my eyes.

"Please .." My voice broke. I couldn't do anything, I could hardly stand up on my legs.

The door behind us opened. The man who walked in was tall, his green eyes couldn't be missed on several miles away. His brown wild curls was layed back, comb with his fingers. He wore a black loose T-shirt under a leather jacket with tight black jeans.

"What happened?" My dad, Hardin Scott, walked towards us. He put a hand on my mother's shoulder as he stood beside her.

I felt a burning tear running down the cheek.

"Everything is your fault!" I pushed away my father's hand from my mother's shoulder as a protective reflex. I felt the same pain my mother once felt.

"Emery, hun are you alright?" Dad looked confused. He looked at my mother and then on me. My mom was just as shocked.

"It's your fault!" I cried when I said the words. I didn't recognize myself, it was as if I had gone absolutly mad.

I continued crying and reached for my mother.

"Emery what is happening to you?" My mother asked calm but very worried.

The room was spinning and my head was aching. My body was heavy and tired. I felt that one leg was bending my knee. The other leg couldn't hold my body up.
I felt how my mother put one arm around me trying to keep me on my feets.

"Do we have to go to the hospital honey?" My mother asked whit more panic this time.

I blinked and blinked but the field of view became blurred every time. I can't stand up anymore .. I will faint ..

The door opened again.

"Em!" Kian's voice sounded broken whit sadness.

"And who the hell are you?" My dad stood in front of me like a wall not to let Kian come close.

"Hardin .." My mother had been trying to restrain my dad's bad vocabulary over the years.

"No! No, no. " I pressed myself hard against my mother and tried to hide. "Get him out!"

I didn't have to look to know that my dad had grabbed Kian. Words like "Let go of me!" And "I can explain!" Echoed in my head from Kian.

"Have you hurt her?" My dad's British accent was clear and as sharp as a knife's blade.

"Hardin for God's sake put him down!" My mother began. She had let go of me to come in between my dad and Kian.

"Wait .." My mother started. "No, it can't be right." She continued.

She looked at Kian for a long time.

"Hardin .." My mother said soft trying to reach my dad's subconscious. Hardin's chest raised and lowered heavily.

"Are you Zed Evans son?" My mother asked Kian.

Kian pulled his hand through his thick black hair. He looked at my mother for a moment to gather calm before he was able to nod in response.

"No. Fucking. Way." Was my father's reaction.