Chapter 12

On today's schedule, there was pentathlon. The only information I received in my SMS I was that I was divided into group two and Addy was in group three. The sun did shine again today, we have been lucky this trip so far.

In the yard we saw that Ms.Dewall and Mrs.Wood were distributing shirts in different colors, each color was assigned a number. The color for team two was red and Addy's team number three would have green shirts, there were a total of seven teams. I tried to look for Kian but I didn't see him.

"Good morning students! Today will be very exciting for you, as you know it will be pentathlon today. The first challenge is to find a big golden egg that we have hidden somewhere on the campsite, you only have twenty minutes on you. When you stand in your groups, you will begin to look for my signal. "Mrs.Wood said in the microphone on the stage.

I looked around for red shirts, we were about five in each team. There were two students from my class and one of them was Caroline .. And then it was a girl in the group that was from Washington Spear High, there was one more missing.

I felt someone knocking me on my shoulder and I turned around and expected to see Kian. It was Ryan.

"Hi Blondie." He said and smiled broadly at me, I gave a smile back.

"Hey." He didn't seem to think it was awkward between us but I was embarrassed, after all, I had used him to make Kian jealous.

"Start looking!" Shouted Mrs.Wood out.

"We should divide the group" Caroline said.

"You're right!" Ryan said over-enthusiastically. "Me and Blondie go that way and you others may well look over there in the woods or something." He waved his hand against Caroline and the others.

Perfect .. Caroline will probably suspect something and tell Christine.

I started running in one direction and Ryan followed me.

"Ey .. We can take it easy and just walk." Ryan said. I slowed down and he started walking beside me.

"I want to apologize for maybe giving you too much alcohol in your drink."

"It's okay Ryan, I should have taken it easy." Ryan's personality had really changed since the first day we met.

Ryan had a red bandana around his head that didn't fit with his pink loop in the pile but he probably didn't care about it. His whole style pointed out that he didn't care what someone else said about him.

"Where were you yesterday? I didn't see you around the campfire. "Ryan asked. I couldn't tell him I was on a date with Kian, or could I? Something whitin me didn't want to push it up in his face but he deserves to know  so that he mabye can run back to Anisha.

"I .. Just didn't feel so well." Shit, why didn't I just tell him the truth.

"Lucky you feel better now. We are a dream team."

Our phones vibrated at the same time and we picked them up.

* The first challenge winner is team three who found the golden egg, we meet again at the stage. * 

The next challenge was that couples from the team would throw one egg to each other, that challenge won team three again.

At last i saw Kian who was in team five with a yellow shirt. The sleeves were tight around his upper arms. He saw me and waved and I waved back gently so that Caroline wouldn't see us.

The next competition was not fun at all, you would chop wood as fast as you could, another contest we didn't win.

"So far, team three are leading whit two points, but you can pick it up because the next competition is worth two points if you win. Pick out two of the team that will participate in the swimming competition, we gather in the swimming pool in twenty minutes. "Mrs.Wood said.

"I'm NOT going to jump in the pool, my hair will be completely green and frizzy." Caroline said, pulling her fingers through her long blond hair.

Ryan rolled his eyes.

The girl from WSH  told us she was afraid of water so she wanted to pass, and the guy from my class sprained his foot under the egg hunt.

"Then it's you and me again blondie." He smiled and hugged me with one arm.

Caroline's eyes got so big  when she saw it, I shook my head. I knew what she was thinking and she will run to Christine as soon as she gets the chance and spread something silly about me and Ryan ..