Mid-day stroll - Part 11

Joes PoV
Dianne text me just before 11 on her break to check that we were still on for this 'date' and oh god. I actually asked her out! I've never had the balls to do that but something about her just makes words come freely to me. She seems amazing and I really want to get to know her. Maybe it could turn into something. But then maybe it won't. Only time will tell.

Dianne's PoV
It's now 12:05. I'm heading back to my dorm and getting ready for this 'date'. If thats what you can call it. I mean it is. He said so. Agh I'm actually really excited. I want to get to know him. He seems lovely. And amazingly fit. But I guess. Only time will tell.

I had just finished getting ready when I heard a text come through on my phone. It was from Joe.
Hey. I would come pick you up. But I'm not sure what dorm you're in? See you soon xx
Aw. He's so sweet. I quickly type a reply and head out the door. Soon enough I'm with him and he gives me a hug. It should be awkward right? But it's not.

Joes PoV
I decided to take her to my favourite restaurant, well not my favourite but it's nice and not too fancy so it should be alright.
"So where we going mr sugg?" She asked. I smiled at her using my name like that.
"Um, ever been to Nando's?"  She shook her head and I gasped in disbelief. She laughed and then said.
"I mean they don't have a Nando's in Australia and I've only been here a few days or so". I nodded remembering that she was from Australia. We walked in and were seated almost immediately. It was great. It was quite busy meaning the service would be slow. It gave us a chance to speak more and it was quite quiet, which is surprising considering it's really busy.
"So, what part of Australia are you from then?"
"Western Australia. I live near perth, that's our main city".
"I feel like I've heard that before. I know I traveled to Australia with my mates a few years back. It's beautiful there".
"It really is" she said smiling as if she was remembering her family and home. "So wait you traveled?" 
"Ub, yeah. Me and a few mates decided to travel for a bit just before we started working or like me. Coming to uni. We traveled to loads of places. Australia being one of the last ones. It was a great trip but then I got some bad bews when I was back home".
"Oh?" She seemed actually interested. I felt happy with her.
"My parents split up and yeah, it's fine now. I still see both of them and they're both amazing"
"Aw Joe, I'm so sorry. God. I couldn't imagine if my parents split. It would be horrible".
"Yeah." I sighed. "Anyway. Tell me about your family?" I said before getting interrupted and asked to order. We both ordered and then Dianne carried on.
"Well my theres my parents, Mark and Rina, then my two brothers. Brendan and Andrew. Brend is like all manly and family, like into sports where as me and Andrew are both dancers. He was my first dance partner and most of what I learned came from him."
"That's so sweet".
"What about you. Obviously you've told me about your parents but what about any siblings?"
"I have my sister Zoe. Don't know if I've mentioned her before. But she's on YouTube and making a name for herself tbh. She has a boyfriend who's also a YouTuber, named Alfie and they both make me feel very single" I nervously laughed. She smiled at me and then went to say something but our food came.

Dianne's PoV
After we finished our food we had a few drinks and then Joe told me he wanted to take me on a walk. It was sweet. Neither of us had any more plans today so I simply nodded and walked along with him.
"So," he started. "Why do you like my eyes so much?" He laughed. I giggled and then put my head down before answering.
"Because they remind me of home. The way they're so blue and bright just reminds me of the seas back home. It makes me feel safe I guess".
"Aww. I make you feel safe and I've only known you, for what? 2 days" he mocked. I just smiled and stopped walking. He turned to me and looked me deep in the eyes. "I'm joking Di. I don't know. I feel safe with you as well. Like no one can hurt us. It just feels natural to be around you".
"I know what you mean". I replied. I started to walk ahead of him a little. Only to turn around with him videoing me. All of a sudden I felt a hand slip into mine. I wrapped my fingers around his and held tightly. Not wanting to let go. This. Him. It was everything.
"So, you said the other day you nearly have a channel? Why nearly?"
"Oh well. My sisters fans really love me and want me to get a channel. And it's all set up on my laptop but I guess I'm just scared everyone will hate me or not understand my humour. It's hard. Especially when you're like a brother to a rising YouTuber who is getting millions of views already".
"Well, I understand but honestly. I don't think you have to be scared. You're so funny and weird but in a good way. I'm sure people would love you. So why not do it? You only live once". He laughed and nodded his head.
"Okay".
"Okay. Now why don't we go to your dorm and set this channel up. I'll be your first follower".
"Subscriber" he corrected me laughing.
"Alright. Shut up" I laughed dragging him off. I had such a great date with him. Hopefully it would lead to many more. Hopefully. This could be Our Chance.

A/N
Never do this but 1025 words haha. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry it's been a few days since the last upload. I'm starting to get stressed and haven't really felt like writing but. I will start writing regularly soon. Sorry for any spelling errors. I haven't had time to proof read. Please note them to me if there is any though. Thanks for all the reads and support already. It means so much xx