Can we go home? - Part 37

Joes PoV
I sat in that same position in the same field all day. It got to night time and I was still just sat there, I was hungry, tired, thirsty and most importantly lonely. I had never been to this field and felt so lonely. I always had him, I get he's upset but he told me to find a girl and now I've found her. I've found the one and he doesn't seem happy about it. Never the less, I am spending Christmas in Australia with my girlfriend and her family. Dad can go with Zoe.

I sat lonely for a few more hours until I checked the time. Shit. 23:00! Dianne is probably worried. Suddenly I saw a flash of light pass by me. I turned round to see a flashlight glaring into my eyes and a shadow of whom I couldn't see. They walked closer to me and I just sunk more into the ground. It wasn't until the light reflected back onto the person that I noticed the red hair. My girlfriend. She came to find me. She gently knelt down next to me and placed her hand on my shoulder. I leaned into her chest where I thought I would cry but turns out I've drained myself of all tears. I opened my eyes and saw a small bag in her hands, she noticed me looking and opened it then shining the light down. I looked properly and saw some food and drink. I hugged her to my body so tight that I thought I was going to break her but luckily I didn't.

Dianne's PoV
Joe left my dorm to go see his dad at about 7 am. Its now 9pm and I'm a little worried. I've tried ringing him and it goes straight to voicemail. I tried ringing his dad, I got his number for any emergencies, but again, no answer. Luckily Billy and Mia had gone out with Andrew tonight so I didn't have to worry about them. I decided enough was enough and I had to drive down and make sure he was alright.

The long drive seemed to be so quick because of all my worry, I finally pulled up outside Joe's Dads and he opened the door as soon as I got out the car. He had tear stained cheeks.
"Here take this. Tell him I'm sorry"
"What happened? Where is he?"
"He will be in the berry field. He always said that he wanted to go there to feel better or at least close to me. We had an argument and he hasn't eaten or drank anything". I nodded and started to run off. As I got close to the field I could see the faint shadow of him sitting in the field. I approached him slowly so I didn't startle him and when I got there he wrapped his arms around me. It felt good to know he was alright but I knew deep down he wasn't alright mentally in this moment. After he ate some food we stayed cuddled up to each other until I started to speak.
"Joe. Why is your dad sorry? What happened?"
"Well I told him about Australia. And he was a bit upset should we say but i tried to speak and he just started yelling at me and yeah. It's fine"
"Joe I'm so sorry. You don't have to come with me. Stay with your dad and"
"No! I want to go with you and I am whether he likes it or not! Can we just go back to Uni. Go home?"
"Yeah come on then. It'll be okay"

A/N
Okay I'm sorry guys for making you wait so long. You probably don't even care about me not posting but even still 😂 I've been really busy with work and have also been really ill as well so I haven't had the energy or time to write any chapters. I'm gonna try and write loads now so I have some to put up. I'm really sorry. But on a bright side. Who's going to The Joe And Dianne Show??!!!
Hopefully I am.