The Date - Part 30

Dianne's PoV
It was now time for mine and Joes special date. He said all of it is a surprise so I have no idea where we're going. I got ready putting my new dress and heels on and curled my hair so it hung loosely over my shoulders. I put minimum make up on and once I finished I was happy with myself. I walked into the living room and saw Joe stood in a suit. My god he looked fit. I could definitely get used to seeing him in a suit.
"You look absolutely amazing baby" I whispered too him. He stood back and looked me up and down.
"Wow... just wow. You look absolutely incredible". I blushed.
"Thanks babe"
" come on. We're due at the docks in half an hour"
"The docks?"
"Yep. Come on".

We arrived at the docks for some reason and I was confused until I saw the private boat set up with fairy lights and a table.
"Come aboard babe"
"Joe. This looks beautiful"
"Good it fits with you then". I smiled. "Sorry that was a bit cringe wasn't it?" I nodded my head laughing.
"Yeah but I love you so its romantic". He kissed my nose.
"I love you too". He grabbed my hand and helped me aboard the boat.
"So Joe? What's this for?"
"Just something romantic for my gorgeous girlfriend. Plus this is just a way to get to our next destination but we can also have dinner as well".
"Aww babe. I love it". Soon enough we had food plated up and we ate it over a nice and steady conversation. It was the most lovely thing ever, I was having the best time and then the boat cane to a stop. All I could see was the night sky lit up by fairy lights hung over a gazebo. It looked incredible.
"Ma lady? May I have this dance". Joe said. I laughed and took his hand, he guided me off the boat and we both said thank you to the captain before running off hand in hand to the platform. He held my close and we swayed to the silent night. Suddenly I heard our song playing. It was only recently decided but Joe told me he wanted 'Your Song' played as our song. It was a stunning song and I loved it, maybe one day we could have it as our wedding song. I hope

After we finished dancing we went and sat down on the blanket looking up at the night sky.
"Joe, this has been the most incredible date I have ever had".
"I'm glad you've liked it"
"I haven't liked it. I've actually loved it"
"Well good. Come here". He pulled me into a kiss and we ended up sitting there for about 20 minutes just kissing before Joe pulled away.
"Di. Close your eyes"
"Okay?" He moved away from me and then told me to open my eyes, I opened them to find him on one knee with this in his hand.

"Joe?""It's not an engagement

"Joe?"
"It's not an engagement. Don't worry" he laughed. I nodded my head but still felt nervous.
"Listen. Di. Ever since we first ran into each other, I knew I loved you there was a purpose to this date today and it's not only because I love you but I also wanted to give you this promise ring. I tried to get a nice one and I hope you like it but one day I hope to change that ring for an engagement ring. I already know that I want to spend the rest of my life with you and have children with you and just be with you day in day out. I love you Dianne Buswell. And nothing can change that". I had tears running down my face so he paused to wipe them for me. "Di, please. Take this token of love from me and wear this promise ring to show that I promise to love you until the day we die. But it will be replaced by your engagement ring when we're old enough and known each other longer". I couldn't say anything I just had tears running down my face. He stroked my cheek as I nodded my head, holding my hand out for him to slide the ring on. We kissed once more before we both pulled away.
"Come on Di I have one more surprise for you"
"What no Joe! You've done so much already. It's already been the best night of my life"
"Dianne. Come on". I smiled and he brought me up towards him. We strolled through the empty park, hand in hand. We came to a stop at a bench.
"Di. See that star up there?"
"Yeah?"
"That's your star. Look". He pulled out a sheet of paper with my name on it saying I had a star named after me. 'The Dianne Buswell Star'. He brought out another sheet which said he had one as well and they were directly next to each other. They are rare stars that stay together through eternity.
"Eternity stars Di! To indicate how long I will love you for"
"Omg Joe! I love you so bloody much" I threw myself at him and he was basically carrying me. "Come on let's go home please. I can't wait for you"
"Di?!" Joe said annoyed.
"I'm sorry Joseph but come on. I want this perfect night to end, well, just perfect"
"Come on then." He grasped my hand in his and we basically ran home. Let's just say when we got back to my dorm, no one was in, and we had the best night of our lives.

A/N
Hope you liked this chapters. Sorry if its so cringey. I wanted to make it cute. Also thank you for the suggestion of putting ore of billy and Mia into it. Next few chapter will have them in it. charlotteamelia_04 love all of you who vote and comment or just read my books it means so much.

User shoutout
Dianne_Buswell1 thank you for all the support recently it means so much xx

Don't forget to check my other book out. There will be a sequel coming soon for that one after I've finished the last few chapters for it (Years Come Back) xx